Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What do you collect? Everybody collects something!

jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
one part of my many collections of stuff. Militaria WWII.

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost 100s of thousands of dollars worth of collections in The Tornado. So I find it hard to collect anything but small inexpensive Sonic Screwdrivers and small desktop Tardis's. Someday I will come across the real thing (Tardis) and go back in time and move stuff around. 
  • Options
    Deep man! Deep!
  • Options
    0patience said:
    I used to collect money, but it's value kept dropping. 

Not money,coins! That's another collection I have. Sometimes I forget what I have collected. Ex- Wives ?
  • Options
    LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Debt, Cigar Trade tokens, Milk Caps, Cigar Bands and Labels
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Options
    Debt, Cigar Trade tokens, Milk Caps, Cigar Bands and Labels
    Your serious? I think I might have some tokens I found treasure hunting.
  • Options
    Serious as a heart attack
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Options
    I'll dig through my tokens and look. 
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Bungle Gear...  yes its Bleak here in da P-Town hOOd.
  • Options
    I lied. I've got about every kind of token but cigar. How about a soap token?
  • Options
    Cool token, but I had to limit myself to tobacco tokens or it gets overwhelming
    LoneSmoker

• Options
    jw517 said:
    I lied. I've got about every kind of token but cigar. How about a soap token?
    Probably fetch ya $7-$10 bucks on ebay though, maybe more
    LoneSmoker

• Options
    It's bronze. Kind of pricy metal for a soap token. Silver dollar size. I found three Ford tokens in the same hole and they were dollar size and bronze too. 1933
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use to collect beer glasses from every brewery I went to. That lasted a year until I realized I go to a lot of different breweries.  I have about 50 glasses, most from that year.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Your were busy!
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coins, railroad stuff of every shape and form (lanterns cast iron signs builders plates oil cans etc etc), pint glasses (just started), telegraph insulators, cigars o'course, antique furniture, antique cameras...hmmm...sure I left some stuff out. Used to collect post cards but the entire collection got ruined when our basement flooded in 2008.

Would like to start collecting actual telegraph keys and sounders at some point, but they's expensive! 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    I forgot skeleton keys and marbles
    LoneSmoker

• Options
    I forgot skeleton keys and marbles
    Marbles? I use to have a Boulder collection. Corkscrews, old Peltier.
  • Options
    Telegraph insulators 1865 and 1870 
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have collected Fine Writing Instruments, or High End Pens as some call them

Everything from: Waterman, Cartier, Graf von faber Castell, Mont Blanc, and Monta Grappa.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seaweed and leaves for the garden, everything else is an accumulation that settles into whatever space it can find.
  • Options
    seaweed and leaves for the garden, everything else is an accumulation that settles into whatever space it can find.
    Got any seafood around there? We have frozen shrimp,frozen fish,frozen lobster,and canned crab bits. :(
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clams, mussels, scallops, oysters, quahogs, razor clams, lobsters, (skate 'n dogfish if you are not picky); herring, bass, flounder, and bluefish in season; tuna for the guys with boats and spotter planes. The cod fish stock is greatly endangered due to over-fishing. 
  • Options
    I love seafood. Tear,tear.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigars and beer. Yes I smoke and drink but I accumulate faster then I consume.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I collect guitar picks that I’ve acquired from concerts
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I collect shot glasses, but don't drink whiskey.
    I collect beer steins, but don't drink beer. Cause that makes total sense, right?

I collect baseball memorabilia. 
    Signed baseballs, game used bats, etc.

And I collect cookie jars. My grandmother used to keep a cookie jar full of cookies.
    After she passed away, my grandfather made sure it was kept full. 
    To this day, certain cookie jars are ones I have to have. Still not quite certain why.

And I collect hot rod parts, memorabilia and stuff.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Cookie jars?  I'll need a pic of that!  What kind of man collects COOKIE JARS. McCoy? Red Wing? Yes, I've got them all.