Home Non Cigar Related

merry memes

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

See those two diagonal struts nailed across the garage doors? I'm wondering, if you knock those out, does the whole house collapse into the crick?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

@miller65rod said:

Yep. Stole that one.
    That is too funny.
    Gonna see how many people I can wind up with it. LOL!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    Abe Lincoln

Yes and no.
    Lincoln's 4th debate with Stephen Douglass made it clear where Lincoln stood with regards to equality.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

MLK

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of the current ones are getting rich pandering to the masses. Does that make them Republicans?

edited June 2020

@CharlieHeis said:

All of the current ones are getting rich pandering to Democrat identity politics. Does that make them Republicans?

There. FIFY.

I spose I could adduce Frederick Douglas as well. But I like Ike, who sent the 101st Airborne and federalized the Arkansas national guard, when Dixiecrat governor Orville Faubus refused to quell race riots. Yep. Soldiers stead of empty words and kneeling w/ symbols. He caught a lot of flack for that. Flack reminiscent of the present furor.

The entire subsequent crop of jerry-curled race-baiting money skimming frauds... I can't name a fave. All they do is keep people apart.

Tho the Black Panthers I dug. Mohamed Ali I dug.

There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

... and

I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public.

... both quotes from Booker T Washington, way back when

Who would you name as a worthy civil rights hero?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

@webmost said:

Samuel L. Clemens, aka "Mark Twain". One of the first, loudest, greatest, and most effective white voice for the rights and equality of the freed slaves in the latter half of the 19th century up until his death in the early 20th century. Friend and supporter of Booker T. Washington, and U.S. Grant.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@webmost said:

Samuel L. Clemens, aka "Mark Twain". One of the first, loudest, greatest, and most effective white voice for the rights and equality of the freed slaves in the latter half of the 19th century up until his death in the early 20th century. Friend and supporter of Booker T. Washington, and U.S. Grant.

Huck Finn is now banned
    ... by who?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@webmost said:

Huck Finn is now banned
    ... by who?

By those with a vested interest in keeping racial inequity alive, with the backing of those too ignorant to understand what Huck Finn was about.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guitarded said:
    I didn’t see one meme in the last four posts. 🤔

I also don't see any further comments by @Rolanddeschain, here or in a thread more geared to political discussion. Just another drive-by by an aggrieved democrat, I suppose.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

@Guitarded said:
    I didn’t see one meme in the last four posts. 🤔

I also don't see any further comments by @Rolanddeschain, here or in a thread more geared to political discussion. Just another drive-by by an aggrieved democrat, I suppose.

He also never made it to the Milwaukee herf year one with the beer he told us he was bringing.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.