Home Non Cigar Related
Options

merry memes

Comments

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss waking up on Sunday mornings all hung over and watching him paint...

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud said:

Is that Bob Ross?

My youtube vid for first-time cigar rollers constantly has garnered hundreds of comments equating my narration to Bob Ross. This looks like the images I have googled up using the name. I had never heard of the guy before that. Have never seen him. Can't imagine the appeal. What was the deal? Why did people watch him?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was fascinating to watch him paint. He'd use brushes like house-painting brushes, 3 or 4 inches wide, and with the way he loaded the brush with varied colors of oil paints he'd make what appeared to be intricate backgrounds with broad sweeping movements of the brush. Reload and "poof" suddenly buildings appear in seconds with almost no effort. I loved watching that guy.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@ForMud said:

Is that Bob Ross?

My youtube vid for first-time cigar rollers constantly has garnered hundreds of comments equating my narration to Bob Ross. This looks like the images I have googled up using the name. I had never heard of the guy before that. Have never seen him. Can't imagine the appeal. What was the deal? Why did people watch him?

You’re going to have to watch at least one episode of “The joy of painting” I watched it as a kid and so did my oldest.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never caught the appeal, but his voice triggers ASMR folks who get all tingly when they watch.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....