Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Ccom site problems?

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else getting "Bad Gateway" notices?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Yep

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems good here, now. Are you still seeing these errors?

A 502 Bad Gateway Error occurs when you try to visit a web page, but one web server gets an invalid response from another. Normally, the problem is on the website itself, and there's nothing you can do. Other times, this error occurs because of a problem with your computer or networking equipment

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't had any issues since the auto save feature was addressed, I am mostly on a PC.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

I just started getting them this morning. Before that I hadn’t had any issues at all.

• Options

@silvermouse Edward, regarding your issue with the unread flag not being cleared after reading a message, try clearing your phone's browser cache to see if this helps. This may regrettably clear out some helpful cookies that have you logged in on other sites so you may need to log back in to your favorite sites after doing this.

Everyone else, let me know how bad the bad gateway issue is and what region of the country you are in. I've not see this today from the West Coast.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gateway issue just this morning, hasn't been a problem since; the new flag issue also has cleared up by itself but has been intermittent. Just a guess but I think the Vanilla folks have been dipping in and out of the software to deal with issues such as these.

• Options

Same here. Haven’t had the gateway issues since this morning. Haven’t had any other issues.

• Options

Ya tryin to kill me Sherm??? Already on the lottery this month, on the wish, and now you want me to do this??

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@Bob_Luken said:
    I’m using my phone for the first time in a long time to access the forum. (New phone) I’ve noticed a few things I’d like to ask but seems like there was a thread that had some discussion and info on different ways of navigating this forum On different devices. Anybody remember what that thread was called?

Bob, now that the site is working well were you able to find a helpful thread from the link I posted to Edward's posts? Several looked like they might be related. I hope you've resolved your phone issues.

Thanks for the help Chris. I didn't want to post a new question when I can semi-remember the same subject discussed before, but since I can't find it, here's the first of perhaps many questions from me about the differences between laptop and phone navigation of the forum.

On my laptop I can use my mouse to hover over the response buttons to activate a pop-up list that shows me who clicked "Agree" or "LOL" etc. On my phone I don't know how to do the same thing, but I'd like to be able to. Any tips? Or is this just something I can't have on the smaller mouse-less device?

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe it's possible on a phone, @Bob_Luken.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

On Android turn desktop site on and click and hold.
    A popup will come up just tap off to the side

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes> @Jrflickster said:

On Android turn desktop site on and click and hold.
    A popup will come up just tap off to the side

Yup, works for me. Thanks Jim

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    edited January 2022

@Bob_Luken, I did some testing on mobile hover, see my answer here: https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/901887/viewing-reaction-responders-on-mobile-devices-hover-mouse-over/p1

I put it in a new thread to make it easier to find next time.

• Options

Good idea

• Options

Geeze, I was so busy figuring this out that I didn't see that @Jrflickster Jim had already provided the answer. It's easier with a bluetooth mouse.

• Options

You gave a much clearer answer though tag teamed it 👊

• Options

Teamwork makes the dream work.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gee Jim, now if you could fix the furnace at my work....

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stupidly minor yet still strange. The most recent post on the front page for me is listed as October 2021 in the cigar 101 form.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Until this morning mine was one from you dated September 2021.
    About a week ago all of mine were showing older ones. Now it’s just the Cigar101

• Options

Mine from today

• Options
    edited February 2022

Anyone else notice pictures uploaded to the forum taking a long time to display today? Example is Bob Luken's recent post in Merry Memes here.

cc: @TheCigarChick

• Options

Site performance has improved, problem may be resolved.

• Options

@TheCigarChick Search is down,

• Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

Hey @Yakster - I just cleared my cache on desktop (chrome) and mobile (safari), and I'm not having any issues with search.

What were you looking for??

• Options

Hmm, I was looking for one of my old posts to see what I though of some tobacco, Bellamy. I'll try again. Thanks for checking.