Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Ccom site problems?

124»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8

I'm talking about the forum search, not the CCOM commercial site search.

Ok, I cleared my cache on desktop Chrome and search didn't work. I also can't search on desktop Brave browser. I even disabled my Pi-hole DNS blocker with no luck.

It doesn't work on my phone running the Duck Duck Go browser either on my local Wi-Fi or on my mobile carrier.

Looks like a Vanilla Forum problem, @TheCigarChick.

Anyone else experiencing issues searching the forum? I was having trouble searching the forum to find the right thread to post this.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got an error message, too.

• Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

Thank you for clarifying, @Yakster. When you said "CCOM search is down" I went into an absolute panic because commercial site search being down is a HUGE problem. (Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.)

I've gone ahead and submitted a ticket to the folks at Vanilla. Will report back.

• Options

So I luckily reached my favourite tech at Vanilla, and he's super-fast. He identified the two issues and was able to fix one immediately, but the core problem has been escalated. In the interim he applied a workaround so that you guys have search functionality; FYI, the search page looks a little different for now, but it does work.

Hoping to have the core problem solved at some point today, but the workaround will be in place until the root issue is rectified.

cc: @Yakster

• Options

Thanks, that's great.

• Options
    edited February 12

Okay guys, the traditional Search functionality is back in business. The folks at Vanilla did speak to me about how the reindexing works since the Forum has been around for so many years, and when searching, it will always prioritize newer content over older content, fyi.

Had a side chat with @Yakster about Advanced Search and just dropped my tech contact at Vanilla a note about it seemingly having disappeared, and thus trying to get it back.

Hope you all had a great weekend :smile: ,
    Lindsay

• Options

Advanced Search is back... B) Vanilla, like yours truly, had quite the eventful Friday. They forgot to toggle the switch back to allow for Advanced Search after drilling down to find the problem with search overall.

cc: @Yakster

• Options

Thanks, @TheCigarChick!

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are anything BUT vanilla @TheCigarChick! We appreciate you, Lindsay. Without you, we'd have nowhere to turn on schmidt like this.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis