Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should've asked him about the salt test...

Actually,  that is pretty cool.  Deserving of a new thread cool!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Just washed my hands after dropping a deuce in the head. 
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched the most Bears ending of a football game. Could not have been more Bears. 
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got back from the fall festival and pumpkin patch and now having a skinny Wolfman and beer before a lamb dinner
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got in a workout at the gym before heading to the park with the little.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    back from the Provincetown Theatre's performance of The Laramie Project about the killing of Matthew Shepard. My assistant goldsmith and aspiring actress is in the production.
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I stare straight ahead, I can see little sparkly things floating in the air. I've come to the conclusion that even though the Jedi were right, there's still no good reason why I am actually seeing metachlorines.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need 8 feet of transmission hose........3/8"
  • Options
    ^^ check spelling.  
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walked the dogs, thought about having a cigar. But didn't. 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Catching misspellings in this thread. 
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catching misspellings in this thread. 
    What about grammatical errers?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, should be Midi-chlorians, yes?
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided not to shave today.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Changing watch batteries. (I don't even wear a watch)

Four for four, with three different batteries. I even had to use a sliding clamp for one watch that was too large for my watch case press.
    Post edited by Yakster on
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someday I'm going to lose this game. 
  • Options
    ^^^ Yep, then boring is the last thing it will be.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop a gear and run it!!!

There's 100% safety factor built into wooden bridges......Or was that 10%.......You'll know pretty quick.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You got this bro.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7CJStkToDS0

Just trying to keep this thread on the 'Discussions' page.

Think you  are overloaded, check out the guy at the 7:15 mark.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limit sign says 10 ton. I was 48.3 loaded and 18.9 empty. Now I'm curious what that would actually hold. I'm thankful someone took pride in their work on that span
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried and failed to join the vHerf.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    Limit sign says 10 ton. I was 48.3 loaded and 18.9 empty. Now I'm curious what that would actually hold. I'm thankful someone took pride in their work on that span

Hrm, interesting. Although the span is set for the safe weight of 10 tons, we'd be trying to calculate the crush limit or collapse point of the bridge. For that query, we would have to know the concrete particulars and structural details. Therefore, I guess it's more fun to calculate what forces your load is causing. First, I'd factor gravity F = G*((m sub 1*m sub 2)/r^2) and 'G' is always 9.8 m/s^2, just multiply the object's mass by 9.8 and you'll get its force of gravity. Then there's your momentum. p = mv, where p is momentum, m is mass in kg and v is velocity in m/s. Because momentum is a vector quantity, this means it has both magnitude and direction.

So, about the same force as a 90 lb. woman smacking your skull with a cast iron frying pan in my estimation.

But part of the thing with building materials is more than just catastrophic collapse.  We should also consider damage, some of which cannot be easily seen.  So, we need to x-ray the supports and road bed...

Oh, whatever, I've only had a half cup of coffee.  Not going to get into this line of BS!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you like to BS?

Do you ever have conversations with your bros where you just argue because you like to argue, and you like it so much that if you convince them, you change your mind just so you can argue some more?

Do your kids want to become lawyers? (Get help, now.)

If so, this family/party game, Superfight, is for you!

https://www.amazon.com/Superfight-SKY-432-SUPERFIGHT-500-Card/dp/B00E5QL2AC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1540562212&sr=8-2&keywords=superfight+game

There's tons of expansions.  80's, 90's, adding a location, even some NSFW if you're not playing with kids. 

It's a ton of fun.  You're creating a superhero.  You draw three character cards and pick one. Then you draw three attribute cards and pick one.  Finally, you pick a random attribute card.  This may result in you being Jason (and you as the player get to clarify: Vorhees, Bourne, guy in cubicle C) with a machine gun, but then you get stuck with the random "riding on a velocipede". 

Your opponent does the same thing and gets Iron Man, who can summon anything from a hardware store, but whose bottom half is a kitten. 

Then you argue.  Argue some more.  The other players listen and decide who wins. Winner keeps their character and the next player draws to battle the champion.  Keep going to a set number of wins or until you're ready to superfight for real.

I'm hoping my kids give me the 80s expansion for Christmas because I really want to be Mr. T in a DeLorean wearing parachute pants.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spent an hour on a call with nothing accomplished at work. Customer swore their spouse was hacking all of their devices and network even non-apple stuff and wants apple to magically fix it like we (I in this case) can somehow do that. Yet based on how my job is setup I have to call her back tomorrow and somehow provide something that will help her. 

Sometimes I really hate this job.... 🤯🤮🤬
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."