Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've gotten used to it....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strong roots.

Oxford Languages: Middle English: from Old Norse geta ‘obtain, beget, guess’; related to Old English gietan (in begietan ‘beget’, forgietan ‘forget’), from an Indo-European root shared by Latin praeda ‘booty, prey’, praehendere ‘get hold of, seize’, and Greek khandanein ‘hold, contain, be able’.

Stroppyeditor.wordpress.com: In British English, the past participle is also got. But in American English, it's more complex. Roughly: when talking about a static situation (possessing or needing) the past participle is got; when talking about a dynamic situation (acquiring or becoming) the past participle is gotten.

Quora: No, using the word gotten is not informal, and the word is not slang. It is a perfectly normal part of American English, and is grammatically correct when used properly. And, importantly, it does not mean the same thing as got.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Just noticed that Patrickbrick earned the Tenth Anniversary badge.

Well damn! That was a quick decade.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ooph, I told you folks it’s out there.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭

Driving to Florida (St. Augustine area) tomorrow, to visit some old friends.

• Options

Safe travels.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sitting in candlelight waiting for the power to be restored. It's a pretty small outage, probably someone took out a pole.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

Sounds like a great day!

• Options

Installed Raspberry Pi OS on a micro-SD card. Combined eggnog, rum, and nutmeg to enjoy with the family.

• Options

Assembled the Raspberry PI board in the case and connected the heat sinks and fan while enjoying a short pour of Papa's Pilar rum.

• Options

Got the Raspberry Pi PI-Hole DNS Sinkhole set up and tested this morning and disrupted the whole network. I'll have to reconfigure to use the Ethernet port later instead of running it wirelessly and retest.

Went through my coats and jackets to see which ones to keep

Replaced the propane tank on my patio heater and test fired it, working good. I'll have to refill some tanks soon.

Also charged and paired my bluetooth beanie for use on vHerf now that the hawk is out here.

• Options

I found my missing Xikar VX2 V-cutter this morning in the cushions of my recliner while I was looking for the TV remote.

I guess I didn't need to order those two Colibri V-cutters after all, but at least this will give me the opportunity to do a long term comparison between the two cutters.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

even worse if you are turning metal, that swarf is hot and sharp.