Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BadSneakersBadSneakers Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭

I used to think I was a maduro woman but lately I'm realizing my heart probably belongs to sun grown.

It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating. - Jack Handey 
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can safely say that hydraulic fluid gives your cigar an....oh, let's call it interesting...flavor.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Driving to drive to Chicago tomorrow, because airfare on short notice is obscene.

It’s only 20 hours or so. 🥴😤🤬

Post edited by Guitarded on
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

The drivers seat belt retractor on my Honda Ridgeline is getting water in and freezing up tight in cold weather. I looked at the door seals and they are good so tomorrow I will pry out the interior plastic housing and try to find out how that damn water is getting in.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, what a pita.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Before you tear out the innards, look for an opening in the B pillar between the front & rear door. That inertia reel is mounted to the bottom of that pillar. Look underneath as well. There may be a hole in the frame rail and water us splashing up from underneath.

If no holes it may be condensation inside the pillar if your rig is getting cold soaked and you're parking in a warm humid garage. Humidity will condense on the cold metal and run into the reel.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting the vehicles up so the batteries don’t go bad
  • Options
    Spent the morning chasing down an oil leak on the Learjet. Turns out one of my "colleagues" installed the o-ring incorrectly on the oil filter housing and it would only leak when the oil got hot.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not packing for my trip to Vegas tomorrow. Thanks COVID-19! 🤬

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Pushed it to much today, now I’m hurting.

But made a couple jars of pickled eggs, one with jalapeños, and a couple jars of pickled sausage. Hopefully in 10 days it will have been worth it.
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I'm one of those people who sneezes when I look at bright lights. I am now the subject of many jokes at work about being patient zero in the USA. I've supposedly had the corona virus for months, after secretly visiting China one weekend, according to my coworkers.

• Options

At work I usually have a sneezing fit every afternoon. Haven't pinned down the cause, I thought it might be someone's perfume or dander from their pet but I haven't cracked the case yet. Maybe lights, they dim until someone walks by then they're annoyingly bright.

Do you ever get migraines, @CalvinAndHobo? Sometimes I do.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    At work I usually have a sneezing fit every afternoon. Haven't pinned down the cause, I thought it might be someone's perfume or dander from their pet but I haven't cracked the case yet. Maybe lights, they dim until someone walks by then they're annoyingly bright.

No I don't, but our lights are super bright as well and whenever I make the mistake of looking up I sneeze. It's become quite the joke, with everyone yelling at me now whenever I sneeze.

• Options

Corona Calvin

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

maybe toner fumes from the printer building up during the day?

• Options

I doubt it, hardly anyone uses the printer anymore.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    So I'm one of those people who sneezes when I look at bright lights. I am now the subject of many jokes at work about being patient zero in the USA. I've supposedly had the corona virus for months, after secretly visiting China one weekend, according to my coworkers.

I'm one of those, too. Step out into the sunlight, sneeze! I hadn't thought of the connection, if there is one, but I've also had migraines. Hmm?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Now the food is starting to disappear, bare shelves at Walmart. I was wondering how long it would take people to realize they have to eat something to use that 2 year supply of TP

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Set 120 ft of two foot fence around some of our raised beds. Fabricated three 48" gates so I can get in there with a wheelbarrow. Dragged the dog out of the mud from behind the woodpile. Washed the dog.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ was he after the woodchuck living under the woodpile?

• Options

Pre-heating my coffee roaster.

• Options

Roasted a pound each of coffee from Ethiopia and Guatemala.

Brewed a pot of coffee from Guatemala as soon as I was done.