Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn blood vampire got me today...was so post to be one tube then she pulls out 5 or 6! I said hey doc wants the whole shabang again, “yep”...And the icing on the cake “oh fill up the cup too they want to test that again too!” Good thing I fasted 12 hours or the cholesterol would be inaccurate. Idiot on the phones so post to tell me you need to be fasted etc.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Damn blood vampire got me today...was so post to be one tube then she pulls out 5 or 6! I said hey doc wants the whole shabang again, “yep”...And the icing on the cake “oh fill up the cup too they want to test that again too!” Good thing I fasted 12 hours or the cholesterol would be inaccurate. Idiot on the phones so post to tell me you need to be fasted etc.
    Had one yesterday that damn near killed my arm, it’s swollen and purple today. 
  • Options
    deadman said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    Oh man you got one of those young or inexperienced suckers! Those are the worst, hate those damn hematoma's too! Got one so bad one time I could barely move my arm for a week. Today was new lady, she was as good as other lady that did mine for the last two weeks. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    deadman said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    Oh man you got one of those young or inexperienced suckers! Those are the worst, hate those damn hematoma's too! Got one so bad one time I could barely move my arm for a week. Today was new lady, she was as good as other lady that did mine for the last two weeks. 
    This is the 2nd time I’ve had her, I think she fills in throughout the hospital. Hope she ain’t in my area next week.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Installed Venmo so I could
    get paid back for medical expenses not covered under my plan.

Couldn't get paid back any other way, I guess checks are dead, though I still use them, and I don't understand why Venmo is set up with a social media feed so everyone can see your payments by default.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ^Working on insurance myself...these idiots want me to pay $615.** for lab work that should only cost at most $90 to $100...
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    ^Working on insurance myself...these idiots want me to pay $615.** for lab work that should only cost at most $90 to $100...
    I don’t argue, helps me hit the deductible. Jan 6th, one MRI and I was half way there. 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spent most of the day preparing tax info for our friendly tax accountant.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t let a barber anywhere near my hair for at least 25 years - I decided every damned one of them were deaf. 

Ya get in the chair and tell them right up front “Do not whitewall me” so where’s the first place the clippers land?  Yep. Right above the ears on each side. 

And it seems that, if they can’t do it with the clippers, it can’t be done. Whatever happened to a scissor-cut?  Or a razor-cut?  Nope, don’t know how to do that. 

I started going to my child bride’s hairdresser way back then and never looked back. (Nor better). I get my scissor-cut with no whitewalling, no beefs, and a good-looking young lady to do it for me. 

Try that at a barber shop... 🤨

• Options
    I ask for whitewalls every time.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shave your head and no worries!!!!!
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    deadman said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    I don’t argue, helps me hit the deductible. Jan 6th, one MRI and I was half way there. 
    I just don't want to pay them the ridiculous amount, if I have to get surgery ill be maxed out then they have to pay everything but I got the wrong insurance plan for surgery so I am winning fighting them this year so far as long as no emergency surgery.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I ask for whitewalls every time.
    I haven't had a hair cut in fifteen years. 
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, go for it!  It’s Geritol and seltzer.....  😜
  • Options
    jlmarta said:

Hey, go for it!  It’s Geritol and seltzer.....  😜
    😂 I just answered, maybe when I get you age. 
  • Options
    I pulled two shots of espresso and brewed a pot for the family from my dwindling supply of home roasted Guatemala coffee.

Went to the mall with the family for breakfast and a morning walk.

Reserved seats for The Gentleman for this afternoon.
  • Options
    Cleaned my coffee pot, then used the resulting hot coffee cleaner to soak and clean my metal coffee filters, my roasters chaff filter, and it's impeller fan.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleared the 30+ inch berm of snow that's been piling up from shoveling all month.   Did the rest of the drive and most of the road while I was at it. My homegamer snowblower just doesn't hack the program.  Guess it's time to look at industrial units 
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    peter4jc said:
    Yakster said:
    Cleaned my coffee pot, then used the resulting hot coffee cleaner to soak and clean my moustache.
    FIFY
    Y'know...that might just work.  Please post photos of the results.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the same issue as Yak; would be good to know if coffee pot cleaner works. That's just citric acid isn't it?
  • Options
    Not a descaling, a cleaning with Urnex Tabz. It's an eye and skin irritant so I think I'll skip it.