Home General Discussion
Options

U Suck Postal Slobs

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    HawksHawks Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent out a couple of gifts yesterday boxed in old COTM club boxes. They were returned to me today from my local post office with a note saying "Tobacco products are not allowed in the postal stream." This from the very same post office that delivers those COTM boxes to me. There were no cigars in the boxes. Also, I think someone needs to brush up on policy. Maybe me, but I doubt it.

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hawks said:
    Sent out a couple of gifts yesterday boxed in old COTM club boxes. They were returned to me today from my local post office with a note saying "Tobacco products are not allowed in the postal stream." This from the very same post office that delivers those COTM boxes to me. There were no cigars in the boxes. Also, I think someone needs to brush up on policy. Maybe me, but I doubt it.

Wow.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

This happens sometimes but they are allowed. Some states like CA require they be shipped Adult Signature Required though which would be something different.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

Go back and ask how they got delivered to you, by USPS.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hawks said:

Sounds like someone at your Post Office is bucking for a position in the new Nahtsi party. Long ago someone here posted a link to the Post Office regs concerning tobacco, and your postal worker is wrong.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Give 'em an inch and they think they're a ruler.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Good night, I wish I could've recorded that conversation. They are adamant about the tobacco policy rumor. Even asked how they thought I got the COTM delivered. Anyway, $16 lesson on wrapping any container that says cigar or tobacco on it. SMH. Got me all fired up.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Write a letter of concern/file a complaint to the Consumer Advocate. They (local monkeys) don't understand anything until it becomes a formal inquiry and shoved down their throats.

It works, I know it works. 😁

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, it is also very, very helpful if you have names of the employee....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    edited December 2023

@Hawks said:
    Good night, I wish I could've recorded that conversation. They are adamant about the tobacco policy rumor. Even asked how they thought I got the COTM delivered. Anyway, $16 lesson on wrapping any container that says cigar or tobacco on it. SMH. Got me all fired up.

Success! Probably would have been easier to have dropped it off, you could've hung out in the back yard with a pipe or cigars for a bit. Thanks Chris.

• Options

@Yakster quite welcome. I will take you up on that invite as soon as I can.

• Options

Sorry, we're currently experiencing technical difficulties with our tracking application. We thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue. Please check back.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'd think, by now I'd be prepared to be let down by USPS during December, but no... Everything I send out and/or incoming seems to be at least one day slower, and some get stuck somewhere. Pretty standard fare for USPS in Dec. but I keep forgetting this happens every year.

"I'm sorry; I failed to underestimate your level of suckiness."

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

Another of my packages is visiting Baton Rouge today. I've never been there. It's at least a 10 hour drive from here, in the wrong direction from whence the package was sent.

I wonder what the attraction is? My packages seem determined to make this long, arduous, out of the way trek from time to time. Sometimes the package then makes its way to other out of the way destinations, like Kansas.

I guess the Hemingways will be ready for a nice long nap, should they ever arrive here. I have a spot prepared.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain