Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

New year new you contest

Comments

• Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I started a low carb low sugar diet nearly 3 weeks ago. PRoblem is i never weighed myself before i started so i have no idea how im doing. I also started intermittent fasting and only eat between 9am and 5pm. already lost signifcant weight 
    Once you start doing the 24+ hour fasts you will start really seeing some interesting results.  It was interesting to me that after 24 hours of fasting you have much more energy than normal, great time to get a workout in.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple weeks left. How is everyone doing. I am at 185 and can’t seem to get lower. 5 more is my goal for the end of the month. 
  • Options
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been stuck at the same weight. I started IF at the end of last week, and finally went down a couple pounds. 2 pounds total loss  :/
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I stink.

I've been exercising more but not really watching the diet, except in for and starts. On top of that, my scale ran out of batteries, and I'm too lazy to bend over and change them.

I'm in Malibu until returning home late Saturday. I'll weigh in when I can.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    262  None or not much change.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for doing this Larry. Unfortunately I'm stuck at 175. I was hoping to do better by now.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    June of 2018 I was 262. Currently at 225. Was down to 215 in December but Holidays and 2 trips to Germany Bier! And I gained up. As of two weeks ago I am back on Keto and just started IF. Eating only from noon to 8 pm. I didn’t weigh myself 2 weeks ago cuz I didn’t want to know. LOL. Anyhow my clothes are looser again and I’m going to take this bad boy all the way down to 200. Hopefully by the end of June.  Definitely in ketosis now and the energy level is through the roof. It’s amazing how different the body feels when it burn fat for fuel instead of carbs. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    Ok it’s the official weigh in day. For me, I cut back portions for the most part. Lost 10 pounds so I am at 185 which is 5.13% lost. I think if I want to lose any more I I would have to cut out certain things or cut way back and I just don’t want to. Life is to short so I will continue to have the doctors tell me I am an overweight alcoholic once a year. Goal is still to be 180 for my race in October. So let’s hear from everyone else. 
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all just weighed in at 255.2 so I lost 9.8 lbs which I am extremely happy with considering my work schedule. Also shaved off about 6% body fat ( which I attribute to giving up bread for lent). Congrats to all the participated we all won in one way or another. If there is any interest I say we payout the winner  and continue until the end of the year to keep everyone motivated.  

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    234. Not a huge change, but people keep telling me I look smaller, so the fat must be turning to muscle. I did lose a pant size and a shirt size (XXL to XLT).
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    NorCalR1 said:
    Good morning all just weighed in at 255.2 so I lost 9.8 lbs which I am extremely happy with considering my work schedule. Also shaved off about 6% body fat ( which I attribute to giving up bread for lent). Congrats to all the participated we all won in one way or another. If there is any interest I say we payout the winner  and continue until the end of the year to keep everyone motivated.  
    Great idea. I am in if everyone else is. We could also put a spin on this. If the winner would like to forgo his winnings and the winner at the end of the year would get a forum 10er. 
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Great Idea :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    I never entered, but I will interlope on the "Paying of the winner"  :D
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    June of 2018 I was 262. Currently at 225. Was down to 215 in December but Holidays and 2 trips to Germany Bier! And I gained up. As of two weeks ago I am back on Keto and just started IF. Eating only from noon to 8 pm. I didn’t weigh myself 2 weeks ago cuz I didn’t want to know. LOL. Anyhow my clothes are looser again and I’m going to take this bad boy all the way down to 200. Hopefully by the end of June.  Definitely in ketosis now and the energy level is through the roof. It’s amazing how different the body feels when it burn fat for fuel instead of carbs. 

Interloper or winner?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    He's interloping on winning is what I read.

• Options
    skydiverD said:
    I never entered, but I will interlope on the "Paying of the winner"  :D
    Sounds like you just entered for the contest. You have the rest of the year.
  • Options
    Nope nope nope.  Y'all got's to werk on yer readin' skillz.  Ima gonna bomb da winner, interloper style.  Clear as mud...... Guess I shouldn't a said nuttin……

Ignore my previous posts.....  I was never here.  ;)
  • Options
    It's be a waste of money to bomb yourself...

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This contest left me hungry for some nachos. I don't seem to have the recipe.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Joined a new gym last week. It's got a sauna, Jacuzzi and lap pool. I've been able to make myself go every day just because I want to soak when I'm finished. I spent the first 3 days too sore to poop, but hopefully this will get me where I want to be.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too sore to poop, you need to smoke more cigars.

I haven't been able to smoke as many cigars as I'd like down here at my mother's house so I had to buy a bag of prunes.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    234. Not a huge change, but people keep telling me I look smaller, so the fat must be turning to muscle. I did lose a pant size and a shirt size (XXL to XLT).
    I'll trade you some XLT for your old XXL, am comfortable with my new size if the clothes fit. Just saw a pic from our visit up there but can't come up with it now, am sure I was bigger than you then.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Wylaff said:
    I'll trade you some XLT for your old XXL, am comfortable with my new size if the clothes fit. Just saw a pic from our visit up there but can't come up with it now, am sure I was bigger than you then.
    I’d be down. I don’t intend to ever fit in them again. My joints were hurting so bad I couldn’t imagine what they would feel like 20 years down the road.

• Options
    I'm already 20 years down the road, need to reverse this trend.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man I fell off the wagon hard during my Bahamas trip.  Been getting back into a regular yoga routine and my back is feeling better, just printed off a 1/2 marathon training schedule and put in ~10 miles last week but nowhere near where I want to be right now.  

Pool season is around the corner and I got my work cut out for me

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just picked up this thread a few days ago so I'm not in, but I'm playing along at home. I have a golf trip coming up in June. I started on Monday at 280.8. would like to be in the 250s before the trip.... And of course, the binge eating and drinking for a week will commence, but then would like to get down to the 220s by the end of the year
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    I just picked up this thread a few days ago so I'm not in, but I'm playing along at home. I have a golf trip coming up in June. I started on Monday at 280.8. would like to be in the 250s before the trip.... And of course, the binge eating and drinking for a week will commence, but then would like to get down to the 220s by the end of the year
    Join in. Contest doesn’t end until the end of the year.
  • Options
    Join in. Contest doesn’t end until the end of the year.
    End of the year? That sounds like a long term commitment. 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'm in...
    Don't look ↑