Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

New year new you contest

123457»

Comments

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump. How is everyone doing? 188 this morning. Great body weight work out especially when on vacation. Get a deck of cards and pick out 4-5 different exercises. Do 52 sets as fast as you can. This morning was squats,calf raises, push-ups, sit ups and dips. No on to the finer things in life!

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm up to 170 from my low of 165 last fall. Pandemic inspired indolence and loss of cold tolerance. Ideally I would get down to 155 and fit back into my 34" waist jeans. It's all extra above the waist fat and age-related loss of muscle mass.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can you give me a hard time about that? Bust my balls all you want for me being an **** (so true by the way) but at the end of the day, you are welcome. Well done good sir!!!!!!!!!!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

2nd half of the year was rough for me. Put on weight again but as of Jan 1 I am back on it and dropping that back off and more.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has proven difficult to find a doctor I like and trust. It doesn't help that I don't visit one often, but so many of them around here are younger and seem to think their opinions are absolute facts. Almost all of them are connected to the Mayo system as well, just can't find independent practices anymore around here.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer apnp over doctors for normal run of the mill visits if I ever go they still listen to you and base there decisions on your input and their knowledge. Not because they are a doctor and know best.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:
    How is everyone doing? Still at 185. Just can’t get down below 180 and stay there but feel very good. I have a race in 2 weeks so been training pretty hard but still stuck there. Have not been to the dr in years and my wife made me go because my old one retired. New guy says I am over weight, pre diabetic, drink and smoke to much. I asked him isn’t everyone pre diabetic that doesn’t have diabetes, he didn’t like that much. Guess I will not be going back to him.

Just find a doctor who tells you everything is fine all the time. I'll do it for much less if you would like. It's tough to hear things we don't want to hear. There is always a men's clinic near by that will pump you up on Test and HGH.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    It has proven difficult to find a doctor I like and trust. It doesn't help that I don't visit one often, but so many of them around here are younger and seem to think their opinions are absolute facts. Almost all of them are connected to the Mayo system as well, just can't find independent practices anymore around here.

Most doctors opinions are usually based in facts. I've always found that people with deep faith in god put less faith in science. Your opinions of doctors may never change.

• Options

@Vision said:
    Most doctors opinions are usually based in facts. I've always found that people with deep faith in god put less faith in science. Your opinions of doctors may never change.

My faith in God does not deter me from trusting science. I believe science points toward an intelligent Creator.

I have visited multiple doctors about the same thing and got multiple opinions based upon their knowledge. Their opinions might be based in facts somewhere along the line, but the fact different conclusions can be reached by different doctors using the same information just goes to show that their opinions or not always to be trusted.

What I want in a doctor is a straight forward, matter-of-fact way of doing and saying things. I don't want mamby-pamby crap and I don't want him/her to think too highly of themselves. I also want them to have sound knowledge and always be seeking to stay updated and informed. I would also prefer they not be a shill for pharmaceutical companies and be willing to admit that pumping a newborn baby full of vaccines may not be the best idea.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    I prefer apnp over doctors for normal run of the mill visits if I ever go they still listen to you and base there decisions on your input and their knowledge. Not because they are a doctor and know best.

Nurse practitioners is what you are searching for.... @Hobbes86 @genareddog

• Options

@Jrflickster said:

I'll look into that, Jim. Thank you.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually really like my new doctor, he's a Nigerian, that looks like an NFL lineman

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like mine, too. calls himself an old country doctor but is well informed, listens to and trusts the patient to know what his or her body is doing or needs.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    I like mine, too. calls himself an old country doctor but is well informed, listens to and trusts the patient to know what his or her body is doing or needs.

I used to have a doctor more like yours, but he is retired now.

• Options

@Jrflickster said:

@Jrflickster said:

I really wasn’t searching more trying to please my wife. 😀

• Options

@Vision said:

@genareddog said:
    How is everyone doing? Still at 185. Just can’t get down below 180 and stay there but feel very good. I have a race in 2 weeks so been training pretty hard but still stuck there. Have not been to the dr in years and my wife made me go because my old one retired. New guy says I am over weight, pre diabetic, drink and smoke to much. I asked him isn’t everyone pre diabetic that doesn’t have diabetes, he didn’t like that much. Guess I will not be going back to him.

Just find a doctor who tells you everything is fine all the time. I'll do it for much less if you would like. It's tough to hear things we don't want to hear. There is always a men's clinic near by that will pump you up on Test and HGH.

I just want a dr to be realistic and don’t need anyone to pump me up.

• Options

I've been laying off really sugary foods lately. However, since doing that I have noticed that stronger cigars seem to affect me more. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe it's just all in my head...

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

How is everyone doing?