Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

New year new you contest

Comments

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @genareddog

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Via @twistedstem on the Meme thread

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump. How is everyone doing. Still at 185.
  • Options
    Great news Brad 
  • Options
    Great job all. Few more weeks left. 
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I hit my first goal this morning. 26.6 down but it got me below 300. How everybody else is hanging in there. The holidays are the hardest for me but it's been going well. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Awesome Brad. I have lost only one more lb so am at 184. I have just been watching portion size and working out doing about 20 miles a week. Hope everyone else is still hanging in there.
  • Options
    Few hours left everyone. I am going to weigh in first thing in the morning. Been pretty good over the holidays so hope no gain. Can’t wait to hear all the progress 
  • Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we do this for 2020? I want to join.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once lost 135 lbs overnight. Broke my heart. I still love that gal.

But I'm willing to try again. I weight 225, which is weigh too much. Not sure what to do different. I do play handball, which is damn strenuous sport. Don't eat that much. Should give up soda. Refuse to give up beer. Seen too many diets fail.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Stuck at 185. 10 lbs lost. Exercise, portion control and cut way back on sugar is what I have done. Let’s hear from everyone else.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bout of depression and poor food choices puts me in at 247 for the year. Still a net loss but I was doing much better.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    I maintained through Christmas. I cut carbs out of my eating and watched my portions a lot more, also consistent intermittent fasting (eating between noon and 7)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I capped out 2019 at 285. I'd sure like to join this for 2020. I'd sure love to see the scale start with a 1 again but I don't expect I ever will. I'd like to focus on clean eating and toning up.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topped out at 265, currently 260

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I capped out 2019 at 285. I'd sure like to join this for 2020. I'd sure love to see the scale start with a 1 again but I don't expect I ever will. I'd like to focus on clean eating and toning up.
    Come to the '20 MKE Herf; there will be an afternoon breakout session on clean eating and toning up.

More like meat sweats and birthday bombs
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    Come to the '20 MKE Herf; there will be an afternoon breakout session on clean eating and toning up.

Accurate
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:

Sorry not sorry. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edward Prairie Hands
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Looks like Brad is the winner, but let’s give the other guys a couple more days to chime in.
  • Options
    No, I am not winning anything. I'm just here to tag along. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to do better this year. Scale says 185... ugh went up 2lbs due to all of the holiday eating. This is a great place for me to start 2020!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished at 256 so down 9lb from where I started. I still have work to do in 2020. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Congrats to all! Looks like Brad @avengethis is the winner. I have an address from a few years ago. Brad if you can pm me your addy I will make sure everyone else gets it. Hope everyone stays with it.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @genareddog should we do it again this year? May be some new BOTL that would want to join in

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great idea. I’m in 👍🏻
    Maybe this time everyone that participates sends the winner a 5ver. Thoughts?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln