Home Cigar 101
Options

Having trouble with Whynter humidor

13»

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    Great article with a lot of good information collected from Isaias Santana Diaz.
    https://cigardojo.com/2015/05/aging-cigars-to-perfection/

I've posted this article before but some didn't agree with it and thats okay. First off just forget this is titled the way it is, just see it as information about tobacco/cigars in general. We all know you can age cigars in cellophane, there is nothing wrong with cellophane.

I don't agree with everything in the article either but understand where he's coming from. Hell he knows way more than me, he only blends cigars for a living. @Vision Correct, ammonia is a by product/chemical released during fermentation or aging, you don't want that building up in the humidor, cooler, wineador, etc. reason to let it air out some. Opening for an hour every 3 weeks is way to excessive though to me (maybe for an actual aging vault or huge walk in humidor). I don't agree with the cellophane off fully but understand it would technically allow the cigar to breath more. I actually put ALL my cigars in cellophane to protect against mold, I hate mold.

Great article. Read it before and read it again. It’s been a while since sanding.... might be a good weekend project.

One other note not mentioned.... I rotate my Boveda from bottom to top every so often. The ones on the bottom always seem to get a little chunky and that’s when I know is time to rotate.