Home General Discussion

Upcoming cigar release

Comments

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeping with the American theme, the blend is heavy on American tobaccos. The wrapper is broadleaf grown in Connecticut, the binder is Connecticut-seed Ecuador and the filler is a mix of tobaccos from the United States, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. The bands are resplendent in Americana, richly rendered in a patriotic palette of red, white and dark blue with an arc of white stars on the top.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watched the whole thing. Thanks Rusty, awesome information!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

Pre-sales are up at a few places. Going quick though

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Copying Daniel Marshal

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Btw, a 3"x 3" sheet of gold leaf costs about $3.00, so the cigar actually costs $297. And it appears to be an Olive V, lol...
    https://www.lagoldleafus.com/product/24k-genuine-gold-leaf/

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Somehow Cavalier manages to use a small rhomboid of gold leaf without having to charge insane prices.

If a 3" x 3" sheet costs $3.00, that would about double the cost of that cigar.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

gimmicks

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Patrickbrick said:
    Copying Daniel Marshal

Not just copying him….it’s a collaboration with him.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw that, the boxes are made in their factory too.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

Hope it’s better than the Molotov LE last year

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

First La Palina in a long time that has me interested.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool. A birth year cigar. If you see the Diadema vitola somewhere this fall please let me know.

$14 cost…only 225 sticks per quarter…probably looking at a minimum of $50 a stick

• GenerosityLeadershipGenerosityLeadership Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭✭

This Time Out maduro Sumatra looks good.

https://www.undergroundcigars.com/?s=Time+out&post_type=product

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Papasaka and Poison Dart top 2 for me.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter