Upcoming cigar release

Comments

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    GenerosityLeadershipGenerosityLeadership Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully they're good. Just ordered a fiver. $71.46. On top of tax and usps Shipping they added a $2.08 surcharge for some reason.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cigars Garcia blended for Tatuaje have an Ecuadoran wrapper over Nicaraguan fillers... but then it says all the tobaccos came from the Garcia farms. ?

Are they growing "Ecuadoran" tobacco in Nicaragua? Or, just that the Garcias had the tobacco from Ecuador at their factory?

I'm curious as to what I don't understand.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    The cigars Garcia blended for Tatuaje have an Ecuadoran wrapper over Nicaraguan fillers... but then it says all the tobaccos came from the Garcia farms. ?

Are they growing "Ecuadoran" tobacco in Nicaragua? Or, just that the Garcias had the tobacco from Ecuador at their factory?

I’m thinking I read somewhere that they buy what Ecuadorian they use from the Oliva family.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

I thought it said all Nicaraguan tobacco was theirs.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@peter4jc said:

I thought it said all Nicaraguan tobacco was theirs.

You are correct, sir.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought they said their tobacco was from all of Nicaragua.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

My disagree, I tried to find the love for the Satori but I never got there. It's not bad, but you can have mine.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Cromagnon is getting released in a new blend in December. Ol Skippy is having a herd time getting CT broadleaf.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Got this from someone at the mule town herf. Possibly @Guitarded ? At any rate, reading the differing opinions of yak and nick above it seemed like a good time to smoke it. I’m liking it pretty good so far!

One of my favorites, enjoy Steve. 😎

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

I'm an anomaly, everyone else seems to really like that stick.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoyed it, generally. For me, it seemed to hit the "sweet spot" early on. It got a little finicky as it went on, tried to tunnel a few times. I think that may be due to being a larger ring gauge than I usually smoke, so my pace may not be right for it. Does it come in a Corona or Lonsdale? That would help, for me.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I enjoyed it, generally. For me, it seemed to hit the "sweet spot" early on. It got a little finicky as it went on, tried to tunnel a few times. I think that may be due to being a larger ring gauge than I usually smoke, so my pace may not be right for it. Does it come in a Corona or Lonsdale? That would help, for me.

If I remember right, different sizes were different years. I know they did a robusto but I don’t remember a corona or lonsdale

• Options

Moon Garden making a return in a toro.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Cromagnon is getting released in a new blend in December. Ol Skippy is having a herd time getting CT broadleaf.

Guess I need to stock up on existing stock. Just in case

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Moon Garden making a return in a toro.

Those ought to be good.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    One of the best Viaje sticks is finally returning

I've got permission to buy a 50 count cab... I see today listed as the ship date. Anyone hear when they actually go on sale?

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    HawksHawks Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://cigarprop.com/drew-estate-introduces-liga-privada-10-seleccion-de-mercado-exclusively-for-international-markets/?mc_cid=7f9b473943&mc_eid=4d34fc7707
    Drew Estate Introduces “Liga Privada 10 Selección de Mercado” Exclusively for International Markets

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• Options

Face Redux coming!!

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

distributed by Luciano in the US, this one is intriguing with the Turkish leaf in the filler, just hit the shelves at SB for $18/per stick:
    DALAY ISTANBUL ROBUSTO
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Corojo '99
    Binder: U.S.A. Pennsylvanian
    Filler: Turkey/Nicaragua/U.S.A.
    Size: 5 x 50
    Wrapper Region: Ecuador
    Wrapper Name: Corojo
    Strength: Medium

• Options

https://halfwheel.com/luciano-cigars-announces-distribution-agreement-with-dalay-zigarren-will-release-istanbul-and-dalay-nicaragua-at-pca-2023/424864/

"the blend features Turkish tobacco in the filler, alongside Dominican and Kentucky air-cured tobaccos. A binder from Pennsylvania and an Ecuadorian habano corojo 99 wrapper complete the blend."

"Production is being limited to 1,500 boxes of cigars across the three sizes, with 1,000 destined for [the] U.S."

This one sounds a bit challenging.

• Options

just ordered a 5'er, I'll let you know what they are like when I get back from a magic vacation next week if all goes according to plans.

• Options

Looks like we'll be seeing more Pennsylvania leaf this year.

They've even reblended the Bishops Blend with a Pennsylvania Broadleaf wrapper.