Milwaukee Herf O' Excellence 2020

Comments

• Options
    12Ultralimited12Ultralimited Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    I am penciling it in on the calendar!
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am penciling it in on the calendar!
    To 'pencil' infers an attempt or a wish, as in "I'll try to make it" or "I hope it works out"...  not good enough, buster!  Ink it in!  :smile:
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options

Well we just got our baseball schedule for tournaments and not only are we supposed to go on vacation on Saturday but we have a baseball tounrnament this weekend. Not looking good for me this year gentlemen.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, see you that Friday?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    If he wouldn't play Friday then there is a chance yet. If he plays then that's a negative.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    You can drink at a lot of the parks we played at last year. It is in Appleton so basically the town right next to me.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options

That works for me, strangely I think my level of consumption is frowned upon at children's events, plus I do like to grill/cook for folks.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love baseball, I'll get in late Friday. @Patrickbrick is gonna need a sous chef so I'll hang with him...
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't make it but might sends something along with Paul to help liven up the festivities 🙄
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Options

?

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Getting worried this won't happen.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have brought a boy or two to the yard in my time.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless something has changed, last weekend in June. 26th and 27th. Check in Friday afternoon, Check out on Sunday morning.

Who's in?

Who's a maybe?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll see if I can get a 'Rona pass for this.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's do it! I'm hoping things will settle down and open up in June so that some of you flyboys can still wrangle some time off and buy a plane ticket. Every year has been better than the previous year and we need to keep that streak going!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

PTO officially approved. Really looking forward to this, even more than usual.

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I'll see if I can get a 'Rona pass for this.

What would the decontamination process involve coming back from that?

• Options

Kids will not be visiting their mom for the summer, so I will not be able to make it this year. :(

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

My PTO was approved for this too. Should be able to get there.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    Kids will not be visiting their mom for the summer, so I will not be able to make it this year. :(

I must have missed something. Dont your kids live with you and your wife? Or is that not a thing anymore? Sorry for prying, you can ignore if you'd like.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@Wylaff said:

I must have missed something. Dont your kids live with you and your wife? Or is that not a thing anymore? Sorry for prying, you can ignore if you'd like.

The older 2 are from a previous marriage. I've been able to go to the herf because they go see her for a bit in the summer and we only need a baby sitter for the youngest. This year they're all at home and after the last 2 months, I can't in good conscience leave the wife with all 3 for a week with no support.