Home General Discussion
Options

5th Annual Milwaukee Herf, 6/25-6/27

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flight leaves in 9 hours. See ya’ll tomorrow afternoon!

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn. It’s gonna be tough slugging through work today before heading over. LOL. Day is gonna drag azz.

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

damn.......

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    On a related note, I taught Patrick what “stunting” means.

Now you need to teach him not to trim his brisket until it's finished. So much flavor, a cooking pad (fat side down), rendered at the end to get beef butter and some prefer juicy cuts with a nice layer of fat on the slice. So many possibilities! You can also scrape it away easily afterwards if one was intent on wasting all that flavor. ;)

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Thanks @deadman

Hope you liked it.

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@Patrickbrick said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    On a related note, I taught Patrick what “stunting” means.

Now you need to teach him not to trim his brisket until it's finished. So much flavor, a cooking pad (fat side down), rendered at the end to get beef butter and some prefer juicy cuts with a nice layer of fat on the slice. So many possibilities! You can also scrape it away easily afterwards if one was intent on wasting all that flavor. ;)

No offense, but you need to learn how to properly trim a brisket. Lots of useful fat left, fat that won’t render removed. “I know a thing or two because I’ve seen a thing or two.” I’m not going to get into fatside up or down, but I assure you I am no weekend warrior, and my point always faces the firebox. I’m guessing you have a hopper, not a firebox?

Never. Fat is flavor. I only remove the hard fat on my brisket and tri-tip. I use a Rec-Tec RT 700, so yes, I have a hopper. I actually do prefer fat side up as it self basts, though I can see the benifits by fat down with a fire box set up as it acts as a cooking pad and protective layer.