Home Non Cigar Related
Options

How to tell if you are old.......

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone remember a time when 2x4s measured 2" x 4"?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Significant3 said:
    Thinking how convenient it was waiting for a TV dinner to heat up in the oven in under 45 minutes.

Getting home and waiting 5 minutes for the TV to warm up and turn on.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

All that I have to do is look in a mirror.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knowing the origins of Yaksters tag line.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember when people mowed their own lawns, cleaned their own homes, and going out to eat was a special occasion?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a whole lot of hate for young people going on this week. I'm sure that your previous generation was saying the same crap about you when they were your age. Circle of life you bunch of geezers!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    There's a whole lot of hate for young people going on this week. I'm sure that your previous generation was saying the same crap about you when they were your age. Circle of life you bunch of geezers!

This week? Anytime is fine with me. They're young they can take it. So leave us geezers alone. Brittle bones.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@VegasFrank said:

This week? Anytime is fine with me. They're young they can take it. So leave us geezers alone. Brittle bones.

I'm pretty sensitive but I'll be ok

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

As will you when you're a crusty ol curmudgeon. Now get off my lawn.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

@Trykflyr_1 said:

@VegasFrank said:

As will you when you're a crusty ol curmudgeon. Now get off my lawn.

Yep. We heard "These youngsters can't even hitch up a team of horses to a wagon", "you call that music?", "Get a haircut, weirdo!", and such as that.

It's probably just envy. You know, look at those dummies, if I could still do what they can do...

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't matter... just because it was dumb on my (younger) part doesn't mean the young'ns now aren't doing dumb stuff.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Aren't you from south carolina?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

Absolutely. And how are things in Idaho?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@VegasFrank said:

Absolutely. And how are things in Idaho?

Quite well. I'm up to my eyes in potatoes.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

@First_Warrior said:
    I can remember a new place called McDonalds where I could get three hamburgers, fries and a coke for 99 cents.

In the 60s, my sister and I found a dime in the grocery store and the clerk gave us 2 candy bars for turning it in. I later realized that the candy bars were normally 8 cents each and on sale for a nickle each at that time.
    At the bowling alley my parents went to, you could get a bottle of pop out of the machine for a dime.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

I remember 5¢ Thrifty ice cream cones.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

my first computer

Original Price (US): US$2495
    400k disk drive
    Processor Speed: 8 MHz
    128k ram

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

@VegasFrank said:
    I remember 2g phones

I miss that, being able to completely organize the start menu.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@First_Warrior said:
    I can remember a new place called McDonalds where I could get three hamburgers, fries and a coke for 99 cents.

I bet the burgers were full sized burgers, too.

• Options
    edited October 2021

My First Computer: Apple ][+

Original Price (US): US$1,195
    Storage via audio output to cassette tape
    Optional external floppy drive: 5.25" 140 Kb
    NTSC Video Output
    Processor Speed: 1 MHz
    16k ram

• Options
    edited October 2021

I just walked by a mirror and it confirmed that I'm old. "Mirror, mirror on the wall.... Go **** yourself."