Home Non Cigar Related
Options

How to tell if you are old.......

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I just walked by a mirror and it confirmed that I'm old. "Mirror, mirror on the wall.... Go **** yourself."

No mirror needed, I have teenagers that are more than happy to tell how old I am at regular intervals throughout the day.

• Options
    BrokegunnerBrokegunner Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Calling my family collect when I got home so they would know I made it home OK. We used a fake name and they did not accept the call on purpose.

I used to change long distance carriers like every 3 months because the competition would have some great promotion going.

Getting a girl's number in Jr High and having to ask the parents to speak with them.

"Not all heroes eat crepes"

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted one of these Rockwell AIM 65 computers first, my school had one.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    I wanted one of these Rockwell AIM 65 computers first, my school had one.

Looks like you took an adding machine apart

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

When your dingles hang lower than your dangle

• Options

When you can remember when Madonna was young and hot!

• Options

When the first time you saw Janet Jackson was on Good Times

• Options

When your dangle looks like a turtle head peeking out of its shell

• Options

When your nose and ear hair can get as long as your back hair

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you can remember when tattoos and beards were uncommon.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you wake up at 5:00 am, but it takes you until 5:30 am to make it all the way out of bed.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

When you want to add some hot sauce but you know you’ll end up on the john all day.

• Options

You know you're old when you recognize this. You know you're a geek when you can read this.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you ever identified Steve Canyon as your favorite comic strip character, you're old.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

If you can remember when people used to say:

"I may not agree with what he's saying, but I'll fight to the death to preserve his right to say it."

That used to be a "thing".

Really, no foolin'.

You have to be old to remember those days.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited October 2021

@First_Warrior said:
    You are old if you can remember that you had to crank the windows up and down in your auto.

My 08 is the work class model, still comes with manual windows.
    I was had a couple 18 yo tell me a few weeks back that they had heard of manual transmissions but never actually seen one.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

2018 chevy e3500

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

School buses don’t count @Jrflickster

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    You are old if you can remember that you had to crank the windows up and down in your auto.

Up until last year, my service truck still had hand crank windows and it was a 2004.
    My new Peterbilt has electric windows though.

Boss lady's vehicles always had electric windows, but my old pickups had hand crank until I got my old Silverado SS.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

You know your old when your kid says Kirby during the scene in The Nightmare Before Christmas when Oogie Boogie is trying to inhale Sandy Claws and Sally and you're thinking the vacuum cleaner and they're thinking the video game character.

• Options

You're really old if you read the above post and thought:
    Huh?