Home Non Cigar Related

What’s for breakfast?

MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most important meal of the day, outside of second breakfast. Mine mostly consist of eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, biscuits or muffins. I’d like to know what kind of breakfast everyone enjoys, maybe try some new things. Let’s share some experiences.

Ignore the mess, decided to post this last second because I was hungry, this is my typical work breakfast, eggs, grits, half a biscuit with mustard, other half with grape jelly, sausage patty on top.

Comments

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the weekends I have eggs and toast. Basic but fills me up till lunch 👍🏻

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster that a Bloody Mary? Me and the wife have been trying to get in to blood Mary’s, but can’t ever find a decent recipe/mix, we had a real good one at a restaurant in Destin a while back, and have been craving them ever since

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try using V8 instead of tomato juice?

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Simple
    Mr & Mrs t's bold if you like less salt

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had 4 eggs, scrambled, and 3 breakfast sausage links. I typically have just 4 eggs or 2 eggs and 2 sausage. My wife decided to spoil me this morning. :)

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of three things, goetta, porkies or a bagel. Pretty boring but it works

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    intermittent fasting, nothing before 2 pm.

Same here, except 1pm is lunch. I was doing this for years, before IF came into vogue, simply by sleeping in.

Even if I get up earlier, like on Sundays, I just don't feel like eating breakfast. When I'm "forced" to eat breakfast, like when there are some buddies that want to meet up and if I don't meet up with them I won't see them and I end up succumbing to the pictures on the menu, a big breakfast bogs me down for the whole afternoon.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunday breakfast: Half a dozen eggs and a bag of simply potatoes, usually the onion ones, topped with Calvin's hot sauce or an acceptable substitute.
    Monday through Saturday: A Coke or a Mountain Dew.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife made breakfast burritos with cantaloupe for breakfast this morning and I brewed the coffee.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to KeKes this morning. Enjoyed a pancake, 2 eggs over medium, homefries, 3 strips bacon, and rye toast. Was yummy. Breakfast makes me happy. Best meal of the day.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

English breakfast tea and Cracker Barrel cheddar jack

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three eggs and a coffee.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Afraid of aluminum as in residue being ingested?

@silvermouse said:
    I miss my heavy omelet pan, my wife is afraid of aluminum so I gave it away.

Well seasoned cast iron can get the job done, i buy bacon once every couple of weeks mainly for the grease, season before and after every use

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Afraid of aluminum as in residue being ingested?

She is (overly) cautious, and like most of us once we think we know something it is difficult to change. :)

https://healthfully.com/poisons-from-aluminum-cookware-5082008.html
    "Aluminum and Alzheimer's Disease
    In the 1960’s, when aluminum was initially suspected to be a causative agent in Alzheimer’s disease, concerns arose about the safety of using aluminum cookware. While this safety issue has not been fully resolved, dietary aluminum is no longer a major suspect in this disease. A report published in the May 2014 “Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine” noted, for example, that brain changes caused by aluminum toxicity are not the same as the damage or impairment noted in Alzheimer’s disease. Also, conflicting research exists on key issues such as cognitive impact of occupational exposure and reliability of animal studies completed on aluminum toxicity."

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assumed that’s what it was @silvermouse. I’ve read several conflicting studies over the last few years regarding aluminum and Alzheimer’s. I hadn’t seen one about cookware though.

@Yakster ive got a bad habit of using our cheap spoons like knives and ice cream scoops