Options

Rate my cigar haul

Todd_KTodd_K Posts: 65 ✭✭✭

I’m using pic’s because I’m lazy.
Any suggestions? How did I do?

Comments

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those prices are high and lots of those blends are mediocre. With that budget, I would hit “da page” and get more bang for the buck. They’ve been running some good deals and that budget would go a long way.

• Options

Dang. What the hell is da page. Gotta link

• Options

Ah. I bet you just mean ccom. I’ll check it out

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re willing to pay $15.50 a stick for cohiba black and over $12 a stick for the stuff in that sampler you need a serious intervention. How long have you been into cigars? Are you buying by the bands and what you’ve heard of or from experience? Why so many at once? That’s a lot of smokes for those two humidors. Sooooooo many questions…..

• Options

That’s why I joined here. Don’t know what you don’t know. I’ve been on again off again. Not a ton of experience. That’s why I did this post. Two new humidors. Figured I’d fill ‘‘em up.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Todd_K said:
    Ah. I bet you just mean ccom. I’ll check it out

No, not just ccom, it's what we like, regardless of where we bought it.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a phishing site ^

Don't look ↑
  • Options

And those prices aren't great and aren't terrible bro. JR is good to buy black works stuff because their coupon codes don't exclude that brand or if you sign up for their extortion club to get free shipping (though a lot of sites do free shipping without a club membership).

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say samplers are a good way to go if you're not sure what you like yet.

• Options

Yeah, mainly wanted to get a variety of “classics”…stuff I haven’t had but always wanted to try, to kind of shape what I go for next. I wasn’t looking for bang for your buck stuff obviously, but wanted to get a range of premium stuff. I’m sure my noobness shows in my selection, but trust that I am trying to learn. I’ll lean on you guys hard for where to go next.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Todd_K said:
    Yeah, mainly wanted to get a variety of “classics”…stuff I haven’t had but always wanted to try, to kind of shape what I go for next. I wasn’t looking for bang for your buck stuff obviously, but wanted to get a range of premium stuff. I’m sure my noobness shows in my selection, but trust that I am trying to learn. I’ll lean on you guys hard for where to go next.

You haven't started out any worse than I did.

You'll learn what you like, what's worth the money to you, and where to find the best deals. Welcome to the forum.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    I'm not going to tell you to go to CIGAR places that don't exist like BID PAGE AUCTIONEER KING and all of the other .COM places out there, like certain SMOKE SHOPs that are FAMOUS.

Hhahaha. Got it. Thanks.

• Options

Any recommendations for an app to keep track of tasting notes. I’ve tried box pressed but it’s not great.

• Options

@Todd_K said:
    Any recommendations for an app to keep track of tasting notes. I’ve tried box pressed but it’s not great.

Use a notepad.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hit that @Bigshizza up for a sampler, can't go wrong there.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

@Hobbes86 said:

@Todd_K said:

Use a notepad.

Now you sound like a baby boomer!

Taylor @TheKraken had a gonkulator he was doing for a while. I just kept all the bands and kept track mentally...

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

@Todd_K said:

@Todd_K said:

Just to be sure, those classics are generally Cubans and not the non-Cuban counterparts that you have there. A lot of new folks don’t realize this even if they know of well known Cuban brands. The non-Cuban versions are generally not even in the same ballpark.

The good news is there’s plenty of non-Cuban offerings that are on par or even better. They just tend to be those other than the famous Cuban brands. There are a few good non-Cuban, Cuban brands but they are few and far between and AJ has done most of them.

Just wanted to put that out there because I’ve met many a new cigar smokers who buy the big name brands they heard about or seen on TV and didn’t realize they were buying non-Cuban, Cuban branded cigars by the large tobacco conglomerates in the USA.

Post edited by CAcigarguy007 on
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Now you sound like a baby boomer!

I am an old soul.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Taylor @TheKraken had a gonkulator he was doing for a while. I just kept all the bands and kept track mentally...

What the hell is a gonkulator? I'm old and stupid but have never heard of such a contraption.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

:# Obviously regulates the gonk.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken are you going to regulate me, Taylor?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    @TheKraken are you going to regulate me, Taylor?

I like the sound of that

• Options

So been thinking about all these posts.
    I have three separate “orders” coming…pics of these above.

Rockey Patel II-XXVI
    COHIBA black
    Alec Bradley Boncheros
    Punch Diablo Diabolus
    $221.10

Montecristo
    COHIBA red dot
    $39.99

H. Upmann original
    RJ 1875 reserve Maduro
    La Gloria Cubana
    $76.84

I have plenty of cigars. Should I cancel one or any of these due to quality, price….? Any orders worth keeping? It’s been said that this money would have been better spent somewhere else, and that these were not “premium”. I have not had any of these that I remember.

Do I reinvest this after some serious research and help from this crew. I appreciate all the comments and am taking them to heart. I want the best experience…

What would you guys do?
    TK