Home General Discussion
Options

June 2024 Milwaukee herf dates

PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will not be available the weekend of June 15. Figured I’d let people know now to start looking at dates.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
MOW badge received.

Comments

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

The week before that works for me

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can do any weekend as of now, but the more in advance that I know, the better. It's first come first serve for days off at my job.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Flick-man can do the weekend before, let's pencil that in. June 7-9, with the 6th being the Thursday at Patrick's. Or, we can stick w/ the 15th and I'll make burritos for everyone. :smile:

I'm inclined to say let's wait until early next year when people might have a better idea of their vacation schedules before we lock it in. For now, we just know it won't be the weekend of Father's Day.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

• Options

Is that a Mac and cheese pocket? Like a pizza pocket (puff) but way more awesome?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll check the weekend of June 7th - 9th.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

You are good, Peter is making burritos.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't know until I have baseball schedules. We are switching programs and will be playing more games this next year. Hopefully I can make it again this year.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    I'll check the weekend of June 7th - 9th.

Looks like there's no conflict that I know of.

• Options

Any chance we can try to get dates firmed up for this? Time off requests at my job are first come first serve, so if someone else requests the weekend we pick before I do, my boss could end up saying no to my request.

• Options

I see those LOL's... it's true, though. You want a great hug? Get one from @Wylaff.

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

We do have baseball this weekend but once I have my schedule for the weekend, I'll hopefully be able to get down there for a bit.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like all we have are Red Eye flights again this year. Would anyone be able to pick us up at O'Hare 0630 Friday? it's almost $500 cheaper than Thursday morning :pensive:

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

Frank @VegasFrank is welcome to take my car in the am, but I will not be able.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure we can work it out

Don't look ↑
  • Options

I sometimes open this thread with great trepidation, thinking someone is posting to say they can't come this year... so far, so good. I can hardly wait for June.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I can't come this year.

Me too

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

Can't and won't are two different things...

• Options

Arrangements are being made.

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Can't and Won't

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't, because I can't.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Booked.