Home General Discussion
Options

June 2024 Milwaukee herf dates

Comments

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be Ruby’s first big road trip.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@Patrickbrick said:
    There is a holiday inn express a mile or two from my house. Between couches, guest bed, and air mattresses my house can comfortably sleep about 8.

I need an electrical outlet. And a pillow. You got those I'm good. I got a cpap I need to sleep so I don't die.

This guy!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather drive a truck, instead of a passenger van. I'm looking at this list I made, and the situation is not as bad as I thought. I don't think I'll need to bring a passenger van. My plan is to leave Milwaukee Sunday headed west in order to avoid Chicago traffic going home. We did that Last year, and it was a bit longer mileage-wise but better than driving through Chicago again. So, I wouldn't be taking anybody or anything back to Patrick's on Sunday. I know some of the drivers will not be heading back to Chicago and if there is a problem getting people and stuff back to Patrick's I will drive that direction if necessary.

Passengers
    Nick
    Chris
    Frank
    Wayne
    Carol

Drivers
    Bob & Glenn + 3 + Gear & luggage in the bed (Crew Cab Pickup)
    Ricky & Ann + 4 (Ford Explorer)
    Patrick & Colleen + Gear (any room left?)
    John + 2-3?
    Charlie + 3?
    Calvin +3? (if he doesn't ride the motorcycle)
    Jim? Thursday? Friday?

Have I forgotten anything? Anybody?

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be Driving to Milwaukee from my house on Friday, and I'll be leaving Saturday night to return home.

I'll also have a Weber grill in back, so I'd be 1 passenger at best.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

Luckily Patrick has 2 vehicles 😉

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:
    Luckily Patrick has 2 vehicles 😉

Come on now, even I know @Patrickbrick doesn’t drive once the herf starts Thursday.

• Options
    edited May 20

Fair warning beef gives me noxious gas 💨💨

• Options

My boss called me yesterday to see if I’d ride over. Nope. Don’t wait until the day before I’m due to get off to ask me.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 week to the minute here!

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't be able to make it on Thursday as I originally planned. I'll meet y'all in Milwaukee on Friday.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

My cross country travels start today. Plane is already delayed an hour. I'll be in the sky or on the road till I land in Chicago on Thursday.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    I can't say yet, I'm going to depend on the weather. If the weather before the herf looks warm and sunny, I'm going to do this first and show up at Peter's on Friday. If the weather is crummy before the herf, then I'll be there Thursday and do this after the herf.

It's supposed to be rainy both this week and next week in Canada, but I think there are enough gaps this week to make it through while only getting a little wet, whereas next week the weather is mostly just guessing. So I'm going to give it a shot and see everyone at Peter's on Friday. I may need to commandeer Peter's laundry machines for a few hours when I get there though.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any idea of how many will be there? We are planning on bringing snacks and some extra chairs if needed.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget the Fritos and salsa!

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I land at 0900 at Chicago Ohare. Who am I texting when I land to arrange pick up

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frank

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.