Home General Discussion
Options

June 2024 Milwaukee herf dates

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone calculated what we owe for food and Airbnb?

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll break down the rental fees for those staying at the VRMO that I arranged and send out a PM later.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven’t done food yet, I always figure it out after purchasing. This year is going to be a bit more than before though

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Booked!! Looking forward to meeting y’all!!

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options

Hell yes!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Just to be clear, I will be attending Friday and Saturday. Don’t want anyone counting me in for food Thursday. Got to split early Sunday for my wife’s surgery on Monday morning (nothing crazy). Also, I’m all good for traveling to and from point A to point B.

• Options

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    Just to be clear, I will be attending Friday and Saturday. Don’t want anyone counting me in for food Thursday. Got to split early Sunday for my wife’s surgery on Monday morning (nothing crazy). Also, I’m all good for traveling to and from point A to point B.

What a ****

MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Patrickbrick said:

What a ****

Super bummed I can’t make it to your place Thursday. But yes I’m still an A$$hole.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

See you there 🤭

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't you mess with us, Ricky! Don't you say you'll be there and then don't be there!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    I'll break down the rental fees for those staying at the VRMO that I arranged and send out a PM later.

I sent a PM last night.

• Options

Woot!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we talk about transportation needs on moving day (Friday) from Patrick’s to Peter’s and also consider Sunday transportation needs as well. And consider all the gear needs to have a place in the vehicles too. Last year it seemed pretty tight so we need to think about it now so we aren’t scratching our heads on moving day. We have way more fly-Ins this year and I don’t want us to come up short on the passenger to seats ratio. I may have access to a large passenger van but I would rather not drive a small bus from here to there unless it’s absolutely necessary. But I will if I need to.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm also curious about that @Bob_Luken. I'm also thinking of booking a room at a hotel close to Patrick's for that night.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

@Usaf06 said:
    I'm also curious about that @Bob_Luken. I'm also thinking of booking a room at a hotel close to Patrick's for that night.

Nick, I booked 3 miles from Peter’s house. 6 minute Uber ride. Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee-West Medical Center
    11111 W North Ave
    Milwaukee, WI
    $108/night

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

I did. Very close. Holiday Inn express I think.

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:
    Can we talk about transportation needs on moving day (Friday) from Patrick’s to Peter’s and also consider Sunday transportation needs as well. And consider all the gear needs to have a place in the vehicles too. Last year it seemed pretty tight so we need to think about it now so we aren’t scratching our heads on moving day. We have way more fly-Ins this year and I don’t want us to come up short on the passenger to seats ratio. I may have access to a large passenger van but I would rather not drive a small bus from here to there unless it’s absolutely necessary. But I will if I need to.

I will have my truck. But it’s a tight fit for 2 passengers. Doable but not comfortable.

• Options

I guess we could bring Ann’s Explorer instead. With the back seats up we could get 4 passengers with limited storage. But we’d have to get new tires put on first. They are getting a bit thin.

• Options

Maybe we could chip in and rent a passenger van from somewhere by Patrick?

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

Nick, I booked 3 miles from Peter’s house. 6 minute Uber ride. Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee-West Medical Center
    11111 W North Ave
    Milwaukee, WI
    $108/night

I'm good for Milwaukee, I was talking about chicago.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

There is a holiday inn express a mile or two from my house. Between couches, guest bed, and air mattresses my house can comfortably sleep about 8.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

I’m looking forward to some beef neckbones with boiled potatoes, green beans and sliced tomatoes.

• Options

@Patrickbrick said:
    There is a holiday inn express a mile or two from my house. Between couches, guest bed, and air mattresses my house can comfortably sleep about 8.

I need an electrical outlet. And a pillow. You got those I'm good. I got a cpap I need to sleep so I don't die.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

@Stubble said:

@Usaf06 said:

@Patrickbrick said:

I need an electrical outlet. And a pillow. You got those I'm good. I got a cpap I need to sleep so I don't die.

I'll administer CPR.......

Only mouth to mouth

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@Patrickbrick said:

Gotcha covered!

MOW badge received.