Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also suck at sleeping. I have a canopy bed with curtains around it because light will keep me awake. I just accepted it a while ago and now I get in bed a couple hours before I need to be asleep. Once I'm out though I stay out, it's just falling asleep at first that I suck at. 
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also suck at sleeping. I have a canopy bed with curtains around it because light will keep me awake. I just accepted it a while ago and now I get in bed a couple hours before I need to be asleep. Once I'm out though I stay out, it's just falling asleep at first that I suck at. 
    I read somewhere that Ambien is designed to help you get to sleep but not necessarily to keep you asleep. I take one now and then for that reason. Once I’m asleep I generally have no trouble staying asleep. My problem is just in shutting my mind down long enough to achieve sleep in the first place...... 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last Sunday, my pastor was out of town so I had the privilege of filling the pulpit and doing the sermon.  It's on YouTube.  I could post the link...  that will put each and every one of you to sleep in no time.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Last Sunday, my pastor was out of town so I had the privilege of filling the pulpit and doing the sermon.  It's on YouTube.  I could post the link...  that will put each and every one of you to sleep in no time.
    Please post the link. Would love to watch it 
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I fight insomnia. 
    Nothing works. 
    They gave me meds a while back, but when I woke up from them, I felt like crap.
    About the only thing that really helps me get more than an hour sleep at a time is Maletonin. But even that has limited effects.

I eat a nice, hot meal and go to bed with the tablet and earphones watching YouTube ASMR videos. Knocks me out every time.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been an insomniac it used to suck.  Now I'm glad I am the way I am, I can get away with 4 or less hours of sleep four to five days a week to take care/play with my daughter all day and work second shift.  Peters coffee does help a lot too.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post the link @peter4jc, might be a blessing for these insomniacs.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Here y'all are...  I went back to watch the sermon and was snoring in 5min. flat.

The volume is pretty soft, so crank it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDHoHtBAVNQ

@genareddog
    @dirtdude

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Peter, listened to it with my mexican preacher friend and he was impressed as I was. Not going to help the insomniacs.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Here y'all are...  I went back to watch the sermon and was snoring in 5min. flat.

@genareddog
    @dirtdude

Loved it. You are a natural 
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:

@genareddog
    @dirtdude

Nice job Peter, you're a natural.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too good to sleep to 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Too good to sleep to 
    <blushing>  You probably say that to all the guys.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I hate people who work at B&M stores who think they know everything, except when to shut the F up.
    I went into this B&M this weekend when we went to Portland and I asked what cameroons they had. They guy replied, "Oh, you don't want cameroons, they are poor wrappers and aren't that good."

Oh really?? Ok, thanks.
    As the boss lady pulls on my arm to leave.

But we have some great selection.

Not interested. Bye. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    0patience said:
    I hate people who work at B&M stores who think they know everything, except when to shut the F up.
    I went into this B&M this weekend when we went to Portland and I asked what cameroons they had. They guy replied, "Oh, you don't want cameroons, they are poor wrappers and aren't that good."

Oh really?? Ok, thanks.
    As the boss lady pulls on my arm to leave.

But we have some great selection.

Not interested. Bye. 
    Had a similar occurrence some years ago when my child bride and I took a trip to Florida. During our wanderings we found ourselves in Tampa where that lousy firm whose name begins with a ‘T’ and who we dare not mention had a location near the airport. 

This was before I was aware of their reputation......

The cretin behind the counter informed me that I didn’t really want candelas. And he cited the same reasons your guy did, Tony. 

Small world, eh?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I don't get people like that. 
    They are salespeople. Shouldn't they put their personal opinions to the side? 
    It would be like driving in to a used car lot and asking for a Chevy and having them tell you Chevys are crap.
    Sell the person what they want.

I used to be heavy into building engines and GM used Rochesters a lot. Had one guy with a Corvette that needed a new carb and he hated Holleys.
    So I went to a performance shop to get a new Rochester.
    The guy behind the counter proceeded to tell me what crap they were.
    Went over to another speed shop I had never been to and the guy fixed me up and has my business still today and that was 30 years ago.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    It would be like driving in to a used car lot and asking for a Chevy and having them tell you Chevys are crap.

I used to be heavy into building engines and GM used Rochesters a lot. Had one guy with a Corvette that needed a new carb and he hated Holleys.
    Went over to another speed shop I had never been to and the guy fixed me up and has my business still today and that was 30 years ago.
    I have a bunch of old Q Jets sitting under my work bench. Great carb if tuned correctly.

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with ya @0patience !

Before my wife got her new job, I stopped in at a B&M near her work for a 'gar on occasion if I met her for lunch or for dinner before an evening meeting.  4 of the first 5 times I went in they had a "new guy" working.  The first time, he tried to sell me some stuff.  Mostly it was based on "what they sell a lot of" or what someone else liked.

The next time they were slow, so he sat down with me while I smoked.  We joked around and talked cigars.  He knew nothing and knew it.  The next time I was in he asked me questions so he could do his job better.  I bought some Boveda packs and he asked me what they were for and what the Rh% meant.  This place also has a lot of roll your own and glass pipe supplies.  I gathered he knew some more about the cigarette side of things, but he genuinely wanted to help people coming in for all their products.  Every time I'm over there I try to stop in, now and see if he's there.  Dude got out of my way instead of being a jerk and then tried to learn.  Unfortunately he's not been there when I've gone in the last couple times.  And the store opens late enough that it's not open when I'm usually over that way, now.  I told him I'm no expert and that taste is highly individual, but the giant display of Gurkhas was for suckers like him and he probably shouldn't try to sell them to anyone who knew anything!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    ForMud said:
    0patience said:

I have a bunch of old Q Jets sitting under my work bench. Great carb if tuned correctly.

You know, I always hear folks say that, but I never had any problems with the tuning part. 
    The only problems I ever had, as long as the float level was set correctly, was the throttle shaft wearing and allowing a vacuum leak and setting the secondaries properly.
    Other than that, never really had much problems.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shaft wear was a big problem, I remember buying a new shafts and drilling out the body for bronze bushings.
  • Options
    When I can't remember which way to twist.  @Amos_Umwhat @webmost

Image may contain one or more people
  • Options
    I REALLY HATE...
    When my Oreo double stuff cookie drops into my coffee. When it falls into my milk, I just giggle and carry on, but it just cannot, it must not fall into the coffee.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    BKDog said:
    I REALLY HATE...
    When my Oreo double stuff cookie drops into my coffee. When it falls into my milk, I just giggle and carry on, but it just cannot, it must not fall into the coffee.
    @BKDog You gotta have the right tools man...

• Options
    Trish said:
    BKDog said:
    I REALLY HATE...
    @BKDog You gotta have the right tools man...

WHOA! I think I love this more than Scooby Doo right now!
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I hate when you work with people that you think to yourself, " They can't really be that f'n stupid." 
    And they insist on proving they are.
    I definitely get this, but still, give me stupid and hard working over smart and lazy any day of the week. Obviously, stupid and lazy is the worst. 
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hay grinders and strong winds in my direction. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought we finally lost this thread.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I thought we finally lost this thread.
    That's what I keep thinking about the flat eather thread.