Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That so much tragedy and loss happens around the holidays.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:

Pretty Damn sharp for an oldfart.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate identity thiefs. Recently my wife’s identity was stolen and the criminals charged several hundred dollars on several different credit accounts. Today they were able to charge over 1400 on a QVC account that was linked to one of our checking accounts. Our bank said it could take up to two weeks to sort it out and for us to get our money back. ARHHHGGGG!!!!!!
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I hate identity thiefs. Recently my wife’s identity was stolen and the criminals charged several hundred dollars on several different credit accounts. Today they were able to charge over 1400 on a QVC account that was linked to one of our checking accounts. Our bank said it could take up to two weeks to sort it out and for us to get our money back. ARHHHGGGG!!!!!!
    Happened to my mom as well a few months ago but she caught it early. They got me years ago really bad. The biggest thing that has helped me is that I stopped paying for gas at the pumps. I only walk in to pay now. Card skimmers are rampant on the east coast.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aw, read the two posts above and 2 hours later got a fraud alert on my cc. So, yeah.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atlantic got ya again^^^^^.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The realization that C.com,CI & Thompson are all affiliates. $h!tty customer service, inappropriate language and being told to "Contact the shipper for compensation (negative, it was a packaging error not shipping related) then told to repackage thier product and I should be grateful they are replacing what I payed for OR send it back and get $20 off my next purchase!!" I want whatever these people are smoking because they are out thier damn mind. 

And that concludes my rant for the day...lol.
  • Options
    I stopped buying from them after the first security breach. Then last month they had an offer I couldn't resist. So, could be....
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped buying from them after the first security breach. Then last month they had an offer I couldn't resist. So, could be....
    Did they have another breach? I bought from them last month also 
  • Options
    ^not that I've heard, could be any other business I've dealt with. Just me being 'once burned, twice shy'.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    The realization that C.com,CI & Thompson are all affiliates. $h!tty customer service, inappropriate language and being told to "Contact the shipper for compensation (negative, it was a packaging error not shipping related) then told to repackage thier product and I should be grateful they are replacing what I payed for OR send it back and get $20 off my next purchase!!" I want whatever these people are smoking because they are out thier damn mind. 

I didn't realize that Thompson was part of the bunch.  Several years ago I stopped buying from the evil twin, CI, because the poor response to a complaint I had that 5 cigars of a 10 pack fell apart.  They had me return the cigars and gave me half back because I did not send back the ones that broke apart.  It was a grand total of $16, but their attitude didn't set well with me.  So now I only deal with the nice twin, ccom.

End of my daily rant!
  • Options
    YankeeMan said:
    Trish said:

I didn't realize that Thompson was part of the bunch.  Several years ago I stopped buying from the evil twin, CI, because the poor response to a complaint I had that 5 cigars of a 10 pack fell apart.  They had me return the cigars and gave me half back because I did not send back the ones that broke apart.  It was a grand total of $16, but their attitude didn't set well with me.  So now I only deal with the nice twin, ccom.

End of my daily rant!
    Yes that was news to me as well. But I'm batting 2 for 2 at this point so I figured it best not to gamble any further with these companies and made them list all of thier affiliates. 
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Herniated disks.. my left arm and index finger are both numb right now
  • Options
    Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our pussified American society. I think I was born about 100 years later than I should've been. :D
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    Back problems definitely suck...I feel for you!
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't get it.
    I have never had a problem with C.com and every Account Manager has been great.
    The one problem I had was with an order that had been opened and screwed up by the Post Office, and even then Andy called and wanted to make it right.
    The only problem I have had with CI is a shipment of candles, half of which were broken. When I emailed they sent replacements without hesitation.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch.  That sucks.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Trish said:

Yes that was news to me as well. But I'm batting 2 for 2 at this point so I figured it best not to gamble any further with these companies and made them list all of their affiliates. 
    @Trish
    Can you give us the list?
    lists are good.
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

(Insert Caption Here)

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:

I hope that wasn't you brother.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    BKDog said:

Boiled hipster

#f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Trish said:

Yes that was news to me as well. But I'm batting 2 for 2 at this point so I figured it best not to gamble any further with these companies and made them list all of their affiliates. 
    @Trish
    lists are good.
    @jd50ae

This place
    C. International 
    Thompson 

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    jd50ae said:
    Trish said:

@Trish
    lists are good.
    @jd50ae

This place
    C. International 
    Thompson 

Interesting. I'm really, really ticked off about Thompson's at the moment. It has been several months now, two orders I placed in November, still back ordered. Every month I have been told it would be "expected" at the end of the next month. *rage*
    Never had an issue with this site or CI, or anybody else, really.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFO
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:

STUPID SHOULD BURN.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Well, I have to get a spinal fusion for my herniated disk (c6/c7). FML