Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dare you to listen to this,..... twice! 

https://youtu.be/gnvwBNvVfuU
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that tune was about 3:00 too long.

I cannot bring myself to listen to it again.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Done.  What do I win?

See, you didn't specify I couldn't do anything else while listening.  It wasn't bad as background music while I read another tab.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    People who act like an expert in your profession despite having never worked in it or studied it....
    Aren't those people called managers?
    I thought they were called millennials, but managers will do.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clear packing tape when you can't find the where to start to unwind it. Then when you do, it wont unroll without leaving half of it on the roll......So you get mad and throw it across the shop......Then at Home Depot you leave the new rolls at checkout and not realize it till you get home.    
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying a couple thousand dollars in parts and getting home, only to discover that every damn part is wrong, having to load them all back up and take them back, then having the counter idiot not want to give me my discount on the new parts.
    Finally just told him to have the guy I normally deal with call me Monday.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stolen Valor.
    Vet charities that are scams.
    People that claim abuse and get someone put in jail. Then when the truth comes out the accusers are not punished.(I have known more then one)
    lxxxxxxs.
    People who abuse animals.
    Snowflakes and their weenie boyfriends.
    Small portions.
    Rap.
    Power hungry politicians.
    Over cooked beef.
    Bad cigars.
    Ticks and fleas.
    late night TV and shows that use to be entertaining and are now political.
    Thieves.
    AT&T.
    and so on and on and on

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YUP.....the one thing I really loved when I was working is cleaning up someone else's mess.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I think I mentioned this before but I can't find it.  I have a couple smart plugs and one smart light switch, last night for the second time since using these there was some sort of Internet cloud issue that prevented turning these things on and off using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, though they worked fine using the manufacturer's app that talks directly to these smart devices.  Some sort of gateway issue in the cloud between Google and Alexa and the Smart Device services.

After a while I was getting an error that the device was unavailable and I even saw a connection error once that's making me think there might be a scalability issue somewhere where probably the manufacturer's servers can't handle the load.

These IoT (Internet of Things) smart devices are making our lives so much easier, right?

Post edited by Yakster on
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That smell when you turn on the furnace for the first time. Also, turning on the furnace.
  • Options
    When I take a good picture with my phone and it didn't save.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there is a good deal on the daily deal and you can’t buy it because you’re broke. 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Residents receiving care in for-profit nursing homes are almost twice as likely to experience health issues caused by substandard care compared with clients living in not-for-profit facilities or in homes in the community, according to a new report in the journal Gerontology.

The researchers, led by Lee Friedman, associate professor of environmental and occupational health sciences in the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, also found that community-dwelling adults 60 years old and older who need assistance with tasks related to daily living but do not live in a nursing home had the fewest number of clinical signs of neglect compared with those living in any type of nursing facility."

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-10-for-profit-nursing-home-residents-neglect.html?fbclid=IwAR0AFOr33L8k1jjRkD3DghcjzLi2GLQJ5oaeJOdkwzx22vuno8sDHxH9QuE
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When bills from the accident that wasn’t your fault stop showing up and suddenly you get a collections letter and have to drop $1000 unexpectedly on a medical bill from an accident that wasn’t your fault but you are still paying for. Eventually will get that money back when the lawsuit settles but until then we are out big money in the meantime from our own pockets. Just when we start to get ahead another anvil drops on us again. So fvcking tired of paying for this accident from the lady who was on her phone and speeding 20 over the speed limit just outside of a school zone that slammed into us and totaled the car and hurt us all. Dammit!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    IPv6
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    IPv6
    Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is the most recent version of the Internet Protocol (IP), the communications protocol that provides an identification and location system for computers on networks and routes traffic across the Internet. IPv6 was developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to deal with the long-anticipated problem of IPv4 address exhaustion.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Correct.  I don't have a problem with IPv6 per se, but it's a challenge to support and determine if the implementation of the IPv6 standard is correct and makes sense.
  • Options
    Lack of documentation and support for free services like Google Hangouts.
  • Options
    DEF systems on diesel engines.  What a load of crap!  Some of you may know what I'm talking about.  Can't say more without the rest of this post becoming an endless stream of *****************************************************************'s.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you mean a endless stream of urea?
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it cuts pollution down a bit, what are the downsides besides having to buy the stuff?
  • Options
    It cuts down on carbon emissions, slightly, but does so by creating more pollution using a toxic chemical compound and in some cases, Mercedes 3500 series vehicles for example, ends up costing the owners thousands of dollars a year to keep up the system.   The tiny little bit of pollution it prevents is offset by lower fuel efficiency and power loss, not to mention the pollution created by having to remanufacture the parts to make it work again.   The devil is in the details. 

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Mice
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schedules....
  • Options
    Full of urea and acetic acid?