Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    I hate mold! I hate the smell of mold! I hate being allergic to mold! I hate having to scub it off the driveway with diluted 1:1 bleach every year...Then I hate how the bleach or any other chemical cleaner runs down the driveway and kills the grass...🤬
    BioSafe Mold killer. It even comes in a bottle you hook up to the garden hose.
    That stuff priced high for 32oz. I’d probably need a gallon or so. Gonna give hydrochloric acid a try next. I’ve been putting it off do to all the safety gear I gotta buy. Seen it literally eat everything off the concrete and its white as new when done. Gotta buy alkaline cleaner/solution to neutralize the acid but that’s cheap. I’m sick of pressure washing etc. too. Let that acid eat!!!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    0patience said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    I hate mold! I hate the smell of mold! I hate being allergic to mold! I hate having to scub it off the driveway with diluted 1:1 bleach every year...Then I hate how the bleach or any other chemical cleaner runs down the driveway and kills the grass...🤬
    BioSafe Mold killer. It even comes in a bottle you hook up to the garden hose.
    That stuff priced high for 32oz. I’d probably need a gallon or so. Gonna give hydrochloric acid a try next. I’ve been putting it off do to all the safety gear I gotta buy. Seen it literally eat everything off the concrete and its white as new when done. Gotta buy alkaline cleaner/solution to neutralize the acid but that’s cheap. I’m sick of pressure washing etc. too. Let that acid eat!!!
    32 oz is concentrate, covers my entire house with the one bottle.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on labor day. 
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weather alert on my phone going off after a storm has passed
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A/C died yesterday. And no one wants to come give an estimate until Tuesday 
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Eavesdroppers butting in on my public phone conversations... She had sexy nails though!!
    Hahaha well I was getting a relaxing overpriced pedicure until you started yapping away about drama. I simply pointed out that I missed annoyingly loud conversation included in the description. But thanks for the compliment,  I love the color too! 😂
  • Options
    I hate ear infections. 
    My ear has been plugged for a week, the antibiotics are taking their time clearing it up. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trimming the grass on the man patio and then the weed wacker hucks a rock breaking the glass into the family room.

I hate this every time it happens.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Trimming the grass on the man patio and then the weed wacker hucks a rock breaking the glass into the family room.

I hate this every time it happens.
    ...Oh Sh-iT....
  • Options
    I have a bunch of walnut trees in the front yard. In a couple of weeks it's going to be like a gun range when I cut the grass.....No windows yet, but a couple of holes in the siding.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Computer passwords that have to be changed every 3 months. Then forgetting your password over a holiday weekend... Guess I need to start writing that password down.
    Check out the app called Dashlane. It’s a password manager. Not only stores your passwords but can change them for you with a click, create new ones for you, syncs all your devices, and you only have to remember one master password to get into it. I think it’s phenomenal... wouldn’t be without it.  B)

Edit: Oh, and it’s free. Or you can upgrade....  
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jlmarta Thanks, I'll look into this. The one that's a pain in the arse ins my work email.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jlmarta Thanks, I'll look into this. The one that's a pain in the arse ins my work email.
    My pleasure. I think you’ll be impressed. Click a button, it creates a new password. Click another, it’s synced through all devices, etc.......  
  • Options
    Broadband network outages at home.  I deal with customers having network outages at work, but when it comes to home, I want to be able to enjoy my Google Hangouts vHerf on the man patio while my Wife streams videos on the Roku upstairs and surfs the net and my daughter watches a movie with a friend down in the family room.

After rebooting the router and checking the config, I came to the conclusion that it was really an AT&T Uverse outage and called it in, only to get an automated attendant that told me that there is a network outage and there's no use trying to talk to a real human about it.

I think my Wife is less patient than some of our Fortune 500 customers when it comes to outages.
  • Options
    Restricted callers.... Don't be scared show your number or don't get bothered because I don't answer. 
  • Options
    Sorry...I'll stop calling then....
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Telemarketers who use my phone number in their caller ID to call people in my area who then call me back because they missed a call from me.

I didn't call.

Telemarketers who call for someone else, usually Donald on my work Cell, and when I explain that they have the wrong number and take me off their list want to tell me about the opportunity.

I don't want to hear it.
  • Options
    ForMud said:
    Can you at least leave me a creepy VM 
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    ForMud said:
    Can you at least leave me a creepy VM 
    PM me your number and I’ll have one of my biker buddies leave one just for you 😂🤣
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I hate when I'm 200 miles from home, halfway through my day, and the boss says "oh while you're out that way, here's another load." Turns what was going to be a miserable 12 hour day into a 16+ circus. Hooray for no log books. 

At least tell me that it's a possibility before I roll out so I can pack extra cheesy poofs and mountain dew
  • Options
    The jackhole at the tire shop who thought he was working on a semi when he was tightening the lug nuts. My impact couldn't budge them.....Two broken 1/2" breaker, one 3/4" to 1/2" adapter, a 22mm impact socket cracked, one lug a stud I had to grind off and two lug nut needing replacement later I got the wheels off. Then I had to torch both rotors off.......All that to do a brake job on the front end of 3/4 ton pickup.
    I'm going to wait till next weekend to do the rear.
    On the good side, I made up some new cuss word combinations and no blood just tears.     
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ForMud, This is why I will not take my camaro (undriveable right now) to get it worked on. For tires I take off two wheels at a time and load em up then go to the shop, have them replaced and repeat. Takes more time but zero problems. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I grew up wrenching and ended up a mechanic. Before that I worked at Discount Tire and was appalled at just how stupid so many of them were and the dumbass things some would do. I’ve got one guy I trust and is a friend who does our tires and I don’t trust anyone else. Too many horror stories like this. Really sorry to hear Julian, glad you had the knowledge and skills to deal with it but it sucks that you had to in the first place. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    I hate when internut douchebags think they know everything.

I made the mistake of asking if anyone had come across a used LS2 for a reasonable price in one of the groups I'm in.
    I was then informed that "the SS Silverado came with the LQ9 and not the LS2."

I'm aware, but mine has the LS2 in it.

Then I was informed that "the SS Silverado NEVER came with the LS2.
    That they never put an LS2 in an SS Silverado."

"They" may have never put one in, but somebody did. 

"I highly doubt you have the LS2, The LS2 has a 58 tooth reluctor and the LQ9 has a 24 tooth."

Well, then if you know that, then you know there are controllers that fix that.

"They are expensive and not worth doing."

OMFG! Well, someone thought it was worth it. 
    Look, if you know where an engine is, then say so, if not, shut the hell up.
    You made your point, move on.

Oh wait, I just realized. I'm the d i c k. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    @ForMud, This is why I will not take my camaro (undriveable right now) to get it worked on. For tires I take off two wheels at a time and load em up then go to the shop, have them replaced and repeat. Takes more time but zero problems. 
    I've been going to this same place for 30+ years both work related and personally. I know the owners by first name.....This is the first time I ever had a problem.
    I probably need to upgrade my impact gun.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    I've been going to this same place for 30+ years both work related and personally. I know the owners by first name.....This is the first time I ever had a problem.
    I probably need to upgrade my impact gun.

Or you could just show them what a torque wrench looks like and give them the correct ft/lb setting for your lug nuts...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis