Options

262 Paradigm

Comments

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    clearlysuspect:
    jsnake:
    I don't necessarily take your review as negative. There is no cigar anywhere that can please everyone.
    Tim's Beard makes cigars than can please everyone!
    It's not that the cigars please everyone, it's that fear of The Beard causes everyone to heap praise upon the cigar for not wanting to anger The Mighty Whiskers.
    You doubt the beards ability to satisfiy?!?!?! Shame to you, oh Unbeliever!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I smoked a 262 today - the Torp - wow what an awesome stick. I was very impressed. Construction was excellent, burn was flawless, and the flavors were fantastic. The first third had a really unique citrus flavor, very refreshing. Refreshing is totally weird to describe a cigar, but I can't figure out any other way to describe it. The final two thirds changed to a more "maduro" type flavors. Earth, coffee, and a bit of chocolate. I really enjoyed this one - can't wait to smoke the other two I got in the sampler.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    I smoked a 262 today - the Torp - wow what an awesome stick. I was very impressed. Construction was excellent, burn was flawless, and the flavors were fantastic. The first third had a really unique citrus flavor, very refreshing. Refreshing is totally weird to describe a cigar, but I can't figure out any other way to describe it. The final two thirds changed to a more "maduro" type flavors. Earth, coffee, and a bit of chocolate. I really enjoyed this one - can't wait to smoke the other two I got in the sampler.
    Very apt description Tat - exactly what I got from the stick as well. I found that the robusto really showed this flavor profile as well, whereas in the toro the citrus was pretty absent, and the maduro flavors shown through a bit more.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I ordered my pack yesterday. I am excited to try these out.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    I take it u got one of the samplers??

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I finally had a chance to try the torpedo. It was a solid medium body and had some chocolate, coffee and rich tobacco flavors. Although I didn't get the citrus essence that you all have been talking about; hopefully I'll taste it when I try the robusto in the next few days. All in all a really nice smoke with great construction and razor sharp burn. I will certainly add these to my regular rotation.
  • Options
    Krieg:
    dennisking:
    I take it u got one of the samplers??
    yeah, just the 3 pack
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Ordered a 6 pack tonight........ They look so damn good!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Had the Torpedo tonight. I can't really add too much to what has been said already. I really enjoyed this cigar. It gorgeous looks, and flawless burn. The construction on this is fantastic. The ash was Snow White and hung on for a couple of inches. And the aroma was fantastic. I experienced all the flavors mentioned. There most likely will be a few of these in my Humi at all times.
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    Ordered a 6 pack tonight........ They look so damn good!

6 pack in the box today. Please be nice out tomorrow....PLEASE!!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    I smoked the robusto today - the "fresh" cirtus flavor stayed around the entire cigar this time rather than changing to a richer coffee flavor. Very interesting, and such a different flavor. I've been playing phone tag with Clint, seeing if they need someone near Detroit to help spread the word about these things. I'm sold!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell man it would be great to have you on board for sure. Join the rest of us from here. I have been smoking these robustos all week and with just a little rest they are so dang good. They are great right out of the box but dang a little rest of 2 weeks and these things are even better. Hope I can manage to not smoke a few to rest a year.

Jo Huber from CAO smoked one this weekend and said it was "stellar". That made me smile big time!
  • Options
    DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Posts: 58
    Dude Tat I pray that they get you in on the gig... I would love to see the 262 around my B&Ms!! I have yet to try one and as soon as my humi gets some space I'll pick up a sampler or two...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I need to try these... I feel like the kid on the outside.
  • Options
    DaveTheRookie09:
    Dude Tat I pray that they get you in on the gig... I would love to see the 262 around my B&Ms!! I have yet to try one and as soon as my humi gets some space I'll pick up a sampler or two...
    Hey dave. I had a long talk with Clint today, and it went well. I hope to hear from the marketing and sales guys so I can get going quickly. I'll definitely let you know when I get some into the stores around us. What are your local B&Ms up by you? I'm more in the Royal Oak area.
  • Options
    I had the small 262 today. Windy, crappy day but I just couldn't wait till the weekend. Had some nasty burn issues but I realy didn't care......It was that good! Half way in the burn issue straitend out and had a incredible finish. Thanks for turning me on to the 262 Jsnake.
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    I had the small 262 today. Windy, crappy day but I just couldn't wait till the weekend. Had some nasty burn issues but I realy didn't care......It was that good! Half way in the burn issue straitend out and had a incredible finish. Thanks for turning me on to the 262 Jsnake.
    I smoked a bunch the same day I got them in the mail and they all self corrected on the burn. I bet the windy day was a problem and the cigars are newly made. I have had mine resting in the humidor about 2 weeks now and man what a difference that short time has made. A friend told me to lay them in the humi naked and the oils really seem to surface and they are even better. Anyways glad you liked it. Not sure if I said it here but you mild guys will have your coming out this summer. Full guys will have a cigar this winter. Going to be a great year for us. Glad to have so many guys from Ccom on board.
  • Options
    I got my pack in the mail and so far have had the torpedo and the robusto. Both are awesome. the torp really gives that citrus hit and the robusto is a nice medium that is really tasty.
    I can definintely stand behind the cigars and the company so after talking to Clint a few weeks back, I emailed Jerry. The forms are on their way and Oregon is mine as soon as the forms are done. Part of The Revolution!
    Jake, nice work in St. Louis
  • Options
    dennisking:
    I got my pack in the mail and so far have had the torpedo and the robusto. Both are awesome. the torp really gives that citrus hit and the robusto is a nice medium that is really tasty.
    I can definintely stand behind the cigars and the company so after talking to Clint a few weeks back, I emailed Jerry. The forms are on their way and Oregon is mine as soon as the forms are done. Part of The Revolution!
    Jake, nice work in St. Louis
    Very nice! If you need anything let me know.
  • Options
    will do bud. thanks and thanks for bringing an opportunity to a lot of brothers on here. the say word of mouth is the best advertising
  • Options
    Hey Snake...has anyone approached Ccom to see if they would sell these sticks???

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Don't mean to put words in jakes mouth, (well yes i do) but anyways i think he said when he first introduced it that the 262 paradigm would be a B&M only stick for the time being. I believe that it will be a year or two before they get enough demand before they offer it online. Again, im not positive but i figured if i could save jake the time i would :)
  • Options
    Krieg:
    Hey Snake...has anyone approached Ccom to see if they would sell these sticks???
    It is a B&M only stick. Otherwise I would not post so much about it out of respect to Ccom. Of course I thought about trying to get them onboard but we all know how B&M Vs. internet is.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I just tried the Robusto. I think I prefer the Torp. But, still a great stick. I have the Toro yet to try before I buy more. I really like this cigar,
  • Options
    KCW:
    I just tried the Robusto. I think I prefer the Torp. But, still a great stick. I have the Toro yet to try before I buy more. I really like this cigar,
    I am in the exact same boat and feel the same way. The robusto is delicious. The torp was damn good. probably having the toro tonight
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've still got that torpedo from jsnake resting up. I'm looking forward to lighting it up in the next week or two, really hoping my experience with the BP toro was a fluke since my take on it was way different from everyone else's.
  • Options
    I was just thinking back over my weekend a little bit and I remember a random thought I had at the B&M whilst smoking an AB Tempus Magistri. It all of a sudden occured to me that the body and profile of the Tempus was very similar to the 262 Paradigm sans the citrus hints that the 262 torpedo has. Very similar.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    I was just thinking back over my weekend a little bit and I remember a random thought I had at the B&M whilst smoking an AB Tempus Magistri. It all of a sudden occured to me that the body and profile of the Tempus was very similar to the 262 Paradigm sans the citrus hints that the 262 torpedo has. Very similar.
    Those AB Magistris are great looking cigars. I bought a 5pk box before Christmas and had one. It would be interesting to compare to the 262s

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    well, it's just one guys tastebuds but that was the taste and body I was getting minus the citrus.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Just ordered the Initiation 6-pack. It said my order was #36, which threw me for a second. Can't wait to get these.