Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

262 Paradigm

Comments

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    KCW:
    I just tried the Robusto. I think I prefer the Torp. But, still a great stick. I have the Toro yet to try before I buy more. I really like this cigar,
    I am in the exact same boat and feel the same way. The robusto is delicious. The torp was damn good. probably having the toro tonight
    Curious to know what you think on the Toro.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The guy at CigarObsession just did a review of a 262 torpedo
  • Options
    xmacro:
    The guy at CigarObsession just did a review of a 262 torpedo
    Thanks. I just watched it.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Well I finally got to smoke one of these (the toro) and I have to say I was a little let down. I had a pretty tight draw which normally wouldn't have put me off so much except I was hardly getting any smoke from it! The smoke I did get though, sure was tasty! I did get the citrus flavors in addition to a little bit of chocolate. Also, another flavor that went hand in hand with the citrus I can only describe as iceburg lettuce. Kind of watery, crisp, and refreshing. I really am hoping that the draw issues were just a fluke as there were some GREAT flavors.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    If you have the torp, smoke it. It's supposed to be the bestest
  • Options
    Had the Toro today. 3 for 3. That was another great stick as well. I really like the 262's. I think the Torp. is my favorite still. I'll have to order more and try again to make sure!
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    dennisking:
    If you have the torp, smoke it. It's supposed to be the bestest
    I've enjoyed all 3 sizes and I agree that the Torp is the bestest one. Still trying to find that citrus though....
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I didn't get citrus in the first toro I smoked but I did in the second. I think a little rest will bring it out more. I have had my robustos in my humidor for about a month now and they are fantastic but still no citrus for me. I get citrus the most from the torpedos.

Been taking to one of the owners and we have some cool things in the works. Will tell you more when I can.
  • Options
    Just got another Initiation pack to try again. I think this time I'm going to let them rest for a while .(if I can wait. I really liked these so far OTT)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I must have gotten the luck of the draw with these. Today I decided to light up the torpedo jsnake sent me after letting it rest in the humidor for a good stretch. So basically I couldn't get any smoke on the draw, the draw itself was ok, firm but reasonable and the cigar was burning ok just no smoke was coming out. I've had this happen before and it really pisses me off. I enjoyed what little flavor I was able to get, but unfortunately it was not enough, coupled with the main issue, to justify buying any of these. I know many of you have smoked them and had good results, but I'm 0/2. Bummer.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I must have gotten the luck of the draw with these. Today I decided to light up the torpedo jsnake sent me after letting it rest in the humidor for a good stretch. So basically I couldn't get any smoke on the draw, the draw itself was ok, firm but reasonable and the cigar was burning ok just no smoke was coming out. I've had this happen before and it really pisses me off. I enjoyed what little flavor I was able to get, but unfortunately it was not enough, coupled with the main issue, to justify buying any of these. I know many of you have smoked them and had good results, but I'm 0/2. Bummer.
    I had gifted a torpedo to my friend and he reported the same issue with the small amount of smoke. He also reported a too tight of a draw. Perhaps this was specific to a certain batch? I'm going to let my other torpedo rest for a long time before lighting it up.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    j0z3r:
    I had gifted a torpedo to my friend and he reported the same issue with the small amount of smoke. He also reported a too tight of a draw. Perhaps this was specific to a certain batch? I'm going to let my other torpedo rest for a long time before lighting it up.
    I think the cigarobsession guy also had the same problem...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    j0z3r:
    I hate to pile on here, but this seems to be a common theme here. It was almost like there was a crack in the cigar so I was drawing air from the sides or something. I wanted to love the cigar but couldn't. Anxious to experience that citrus/fruit taste many have spoken of.
  • Options
    It isn't a common theme. Very few people out of the hundreds who have had them had an issue. Do we all love Gurkha? NO. Do we all love Acid? NO. DO we all love Tatuaje? NO. Etc. Etc. Etc. Do we all agree on 100% of anything involving cigars? Absolutely not. Have you ever bought an Arturo Fuente and had a burn, wrapper, or draw issue? Absolutely. It is an organic product made by a human so it is subject to being flawed. No cigar manufacturer is 100% perfect. If it is a consistent problem then there is a problem to address. Very few people have had issues out of over 3000 initially made in the first batch. All of the other reviews have been great.

I am not saying anything bad about anyone here so I hope no one takes this wrong. Of the few people who have made a complaint it was with every cigar they tried. It wasn't just one it was all of them. I find that very very odd that all the cigars a person tries has a certain or specific flaw. I would venture to say they have humidity problems or problems handling cigars. Especially since I have smoked around 60 of these with no problems with the wrapper or draw. The only issue I have had is a slight burn issue. The wrapper seems to always correct itself so it isn't really a problem. I chalk that up to me liking to burn them out of the box instead of resting them.

I am not offended by differing opinions. I respect the fact that this cigar might not be for everyone. The very few draw issues have been passed on and the second and third batches are in production now. The factory has been informed that a few people have experienced a problem and they are stepping up quality control. The feedback is much appreciated and for those who had an issue I am sorry to hear that.

The cigars are flying off the shelves in our stores and we have actually had to increase production. Things are going great and the feedback has been outstanding.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jake allow me to retort, This cigar was given to me by another member here, and I was very excited to give it a shot. I love trying new cigars, especially ones that are thought of so highly by so many members. The construction was perfect, the taste was pleasing, burn nearly perfect as I remember. A quality cigar in all areas.
    It was that I really enjoy a smoke bomb when I smoke a cigar, and I could not get enough smoke out of this particular stick. I would recommend it to anyone, and would buy more whenever I see them, I should have expounded on other aspects of these cigars instead of pointing to the one "draw" back.
    It is good to hear that the line is doing well, I expect to see them at my local shops soon.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey Jake allow me to retort, This cigar was given to me by another member here, and I was very excited to give it a shot. I love trying new cigars, especially ones that are thought of so highly by so many members. The construction was perfect, the taste was pleasing, burn nearly perfect as I remember. A quality cigar in all areas.
    It was that I really enjoy a smoke bomb when I smoke a cigar, and I could not get enough smoke out of this particular stick. I would recommend it to anyone, and would buy more whenever I see them, I should have expounded on other aspects of these cigars instead of pointing to the one "draw" back.
    It is good to hear that the line is doing well, I expect to see them at my local shops soon.
    Thanks for the response. Like I said I wasn't trying to dog anyone's opinion or anything. You guys know I love Gurkha and so many people hate them. We are all different and have different tastes. I know not everyone will enjoy these as much as I do. Hell there are people who even hate Opus X.

For those of you who experienced a problem I apologize. I sent a message to the owners tonight about it. Maybe I can send you some new sticks from the second or third production. We are still using the same tobaccos and all. The factory puts out many well known and respected cigar brands. Hopefully if the issue was with a certain roller or batch it can be resolved.

I am just disappointed my friends didn't have the same fantastic experience I had and am still having. Also if a medium/full isn't your thing our mild comes out this summer.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    kaspera79:
    Thanks for the response. Like I said I wasn't trying to dog anyone's opinion or anything. You guys know I love Gurkha and so many people hate them. We are all different and have different tastes. I know not everyone will enjoy these as much as I do. Hell there are people who even hate Opus X.

For those of you who experienced a problem I apologize. I sent a message to the owners tonight about it. Maybe I can send you some new sticks from the second or third production. We are still using the same tobaccos and all. The factory puts out many well known and respected cigar brands. Hopefully if the issue was with a certain roller or batch it can be resolved.

I am just disappointed my friends didn't have the same fantastic experience I had and am still having. Also if a medium/full isn't your thing our mild comes out this summer.
    Hey Jake, I'm happy to hear the line is doing well!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Thanks Krieg. I sent an email to the owners and they ensured me that quality control was being stepped up to avoid future problems. Due to the low percentage of people who had problems they were wondering if it was a specific box or two with the problems. Since you all got them from different places no telling. If you buy a box the roller's number is at the bottom on a small piece of paper and that can be used to inform the factory of a problem with a roller.

Anyways I appreciate the honesty and hope that we can use the feedback to improve things. If any of you guys who posted here already about having issues would like to revisit the cigar let me know. I will send you a replacement out of the new production runs.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    LOL I still have YET to Try one ............. lol I have read so many mixed reviews on this smoke, it is definatley a LOVE HATE Relationship with this stick....... for the most part what I have seen and Heard the price point for an unknown Secretive Cigar and the availablity are the issue here. Far to many great Cigars out there less expensive or in the same price line to step out on a Limb. That being said I would still have to try one before I could speak with any REAL debate over its GREATNESS!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    LOL I still have YET to Try one ............. lol I have read so many mixed reviews on this smoke, it is definatley a LOVE HATE Relationship with this stick....... for the most part what I have seen and Heard the price point for an unknown Secretive Cigar and the availablity are the issue here. Far to many great Cigars out there less expensive or in the same price line to step out on a Limb. That being said I would still have to try one before I could speak with any REAL debate over its GREATNESS!
    Well if ya ever bother to COME OVER, I'd give you one!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    jsnake:
    kaspera79:

I love these cigars. I just got more (and even a T-Shirt). I've been in touch with Mike Justice and he is fantastic w/customer service. I'm sure any issues (I've had none other than the foot bands are difficult to take off) will be resolved if not already.
  • Options
    Oh yeah the foot band glue. That is going to be fixed this go around also. I forgot about that one but it was mentioned to me that was going to be addressed with quality control also.

Glad you enjoy them.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hays:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Well if ya ever bother to COME OVER, I'd give you one!

HUH?
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    So I finally got to smoke one (the box press toro) and all I have to say is, believe the hype. Full review is up at ubicigar.com, I would strongly suggest you get your hands on the sampler at least!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    So I finally got to smoke one (the box press toro) and all I have to say is, believe the hype. Full review is up at ubicigar.com, I would strongly suggest you get your hands on the sampler at least!
    +1

I just got back in from smoking my first, the toro as well. It was pretty great. A little "ripe" still I think but pretty great. I definitely got a little bit of that citrus that was mentioned. I have two other sizes and I am really looking forward to getting to them in a month or two...
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Had another one in Vegas last week. Great smoke, no problems. Only problem I am having........I'm running out of them!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    wow! just read every single comment and made my mouth water a bit! sounds like a great stick to try!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had my first of the box-pressed Toro size this past weekend. YUM. I'm very impressed with all three sizes, and I can't wait to start selling up a storm. :)
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    I had my first of the box-pressed Toro size this past weekend. YUM. I'm very impressed with all three sizes, and I can't wait to start selling up a storm. :)
    Tat, you're in the game???
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    I get my cigars Thursday! Yeah I can't wait.