Home General Discussion

How close an eye does your warden keep on your buying.

Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in General Discussion

I was reading this and thought ..... yup, me 2.

I get home from being out of town and my wife asks how whatever place I went to lunch was.
Took me a bit to figure out they text her when I use the card.

It's so bad that I once stopped at the bank to get some money and they asked if Missy knew I was getting cash. Wtf?

I stomped my foot and said, I'm not a 5 year old. I don't need her permission.

That's when they just ask again.

Yes, she knows. Now can I have my money?

Funny how lots of us deal with the same things.

I set up my "Cigar Money" account years ago.

How close an eye does your warden keep on your fun buys????

Tagged:

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the same thing but I found a way around it for me personally. I invested in some estate pipes and it has grown to the point that any extra money I make restoring and selling them is mine free and clear to get whatever I want since it doesn't take from the family account or kids. You aren't the only one but most here probably won't admit who the real boss at home is.  :D
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we still have our separate bank accounts, from before we got married. 
    and we only have 1 shared credit card (which is used exclusively for grocery & travel purchases) 

it also helps that we're both financially responsible and don't go out everyday to "buy sh*t just to buy sh*t"

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

AMEN!.....I just work. I honestly don't know how much money I make till I do taxes at the end of the year. I do know the house is paid, have no CC debt or student loan. We are putting 2 kids though collage and take 2 nice vacations a year. I do have a little fun money from a hobby I have and use that for Cigars.

I am blessed.  

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She may keep an eye on it I don't know as she rarely says anything about it. She will complain about postage now and then to which I simply chuckle, if only she knew. If a box comes in she thinks my crazy cigar friends sent something even if the return address is Small Batch.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yesterday my wife told me to smoke more cigars, not sure that's good, lol.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got four bank accounts. Two in one bank; two in another. She ain't in the other.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty fortunate, she doesn't say anything. My CAS instructors have taught me well. We enjoy our cigar time together. She doesn't smoke but she knows I enjoy it so makes her happy. So I am doing this for my wife!
    I am pretty fortunate, she doesn't say anything. My CAS instructors have taught me well. We enjoy our cigar time together. She doesn't smoke but she knows I enjoy it so makes her happy. So I am doing this for my wife!

Always thinking of others. ;)
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yesterday my wife told me to smoke more cigars, not sure that's good, lol.
    After my birthday bombing, I told the wife I am on the verge of needing another cooler. She said your friends are insane and you should smoke more! 
    We have separate bank accounts. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear about it at the end of the month when the card statement comes out. Lasts about 2 days then on to the next month.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in charge of the finances. She looks at statements on line every once in a while. She asks me if she can buy something, so I would say I'm mostly in the clear. I'm pretty sensible with purchases so it's never been an issue with her. 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stick to 5ers usually under $40. I can get them by usually without much being said. I just spent out a lot this month and getting the wife a new car soon.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colleen knows how much is spent on them each year, but not how many i have.  Everything is spread out in different unit's in different rooms.  She would be more pissed by the volume not the money.  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the double standard that gets to me. 
    Her habits and hobbies?  Necessary expenditures. 

Mine? 

Luxuriant extravagance.

Doing the math and explaining the logic?

Deadly!!  Don't do that!!

:/
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is the house banker, however she makes most cigar purchases except those from this site. Perdomo gives her such a deal she dosnt worry much about the few i bring home as long as i get a few flavored cigars that she likes now and then
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only because my wife does the finances, not me, that I have money to buy cigars!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Good gawd!
    Cigar warden?! Seriously?
    I buy what I want, where I want, how much I want, whenever I want.

Seems to me there's a handful of you who misplaced your "man card".
    i suggest looking for it immediately, before the irreversible transformation takes place.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good gawd!

i suggest looking for it immediately, before the irreversible transformation tales place.
    LOL!
    I like money way too much I guess.
    When she tells me I have $5k to redo the front porch into my smoking cave and I get that by letting her have control, I'm ok with that.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Got 3 boxes on the way, thanx to the frugal warden. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good gawd!

i suggest looking for it immediately, before the irreversible transformation takes place.
    HORST!!  You rascal, you. How ya been?

Check your inbox, Dude.....   B)