Home General Discussion

Isn't it strange

I ordered through cigar.com during their train wreck of customer service a few months ago and had no intentions of coming back. Just this week they sent me an email with an apology and a 50 dollar off coupon. That's great that they're trying to make things right but I think its strange that just about everything Im interested in buying is back ordered or out of stock. the coupon is good until 7/31 and I'm interested in seeing how much of their good stock comes back after that date. I have a feeling they're holding out on the good stuff until all these coupons get used.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling they're holding out on the good stuff until all these coupons get used.
    That's crazy thinking, right there.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Cigar-713099Cigar-713099 Posts: 20
    peter4jc said:
    I have a feeling they're holding out on the good stuff until all these coupons get used.
    That's crazy thinking, right there.

It very well might be due to my prejudice with this company but its just an observation.       
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed last week that a lot of items are out of stock or back ordered.

I order from CI also, I am told they use the same distributor. I order from ccom and no delivery problems, but from CI I have tell them not to modify my shipping address. After 20 something years I think I know my address.
    deadman said:

I order from CI also, I am told they use the same distributor. I order from ccom and no delivery problems, but from CI I have tell them not to modify my shipping address. After 20 something years I think I know my address.
    Just hard for me to fathom how any cigar distributor gets backordered on olivas. Every other website damn near gives them out for free but ccom and ci? Overpriced and out of stock. Oh well I'm still trying to find anything worth getting on here
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    deadman said:

Just hard for me to fathom how any cigar distributor gets backordered on olivas. Every other website damn near gives them out for free but ccom and ci? Overpriced and out of stock. Oh well I'm still trying to find anything worth getting on here

Please inform where to find Olivas cheap and who "damn near gives them out for free." 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    deadman said:

Please inform where to find Olivas cheap and who "damn near gives them out for free." 
    Pm sent
    jd50ae said:
    deadman said:

Holts.com check out their weekend roast. Also check them out frequently because they have olivas on sale all the time with free stuff
    Just remember correlation does not equal causation.  And don't assume you know what goes into running a huge online cigar retailing operation.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $50 off these and you would have chit going

https://www.cigar.com/p/viaje-exclusivo-cigars/1475464/

A little dirt never hurt
  • Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just buy Cubans online. Unless it's a ESG I'm done with most other cigars.
    well I guess I also like a few others on hand to remind me why I love Cubans so much. :)

Oyam123 said:
    I just buy Cubans online. Unless it's a ESG I'm done with most other cigars.
    well I guess I also like a few others on hand to remind me why I love Cubans so much. :)

Where do you buy your Cubans from?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Email Andy D @Andrew_Dzikoski . Or Tim B if there's something specific you want, or if you want to ask about a coupon or deal. I've always been treated well by ccom and either of those guys will make sure you are taken care of.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Email Andy D @Andrew_Dzikoski . Or Tim B if there's something specific you want, or if you want to ask about a coupon or deal. I've always been treated well by ccom and either of those guys will make sure you are taken care of.
    I've read through these forums a few times and a few people have said to get a rep to deal with, I think that's absurd that I'd have to get a rep to get good service. That's like going into McDonald's and having a bad meal and everyone saying that they have a personal chef they deal with without problem. I shouldn't have to have a special rep to get good service I should have great service period. Again I do appreciate that they're trying to make it right but me having to deal with a specific person to get good deals is stupid. I made an order through holts.com 2 weeks ago for a box of Cain f series and a free lighter for a amazing price, they ran out of the lighter they were including with the box purchase and they emailed me the next day and gave me a different lighter with 3 day priority shipping free, I didn't need a rep to get good service with them, so why shouldn't other sites do the same?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read through these forums a few times and a few people have said to get a rep to deal with, I think that's absurd that I'd have to get a rep to get good service. That's like going into McDonald's and having a bad meal and everyone saying that they have a personal chef they deal with without problem. I shouldn't have to have a special rep to get good service I should have great service period. Again I do appreciate that they're trying to make it right but me having to deal with a specific person to get good deals is stupid. I made an order through holts.com 2 weeks ago for a box of Cain f series and a free lighter for a amazing price, they ran out of the lighter they were including with the box purchase and they emailed me the next day and gave me a different lighter with 3 day priority shipping free, I didn't need a rep to get good service with them, so why shouldn't other sites do the same?
    Just a suggestion if you'd had a problem; let em know and they'll probably fix it. I've bought plenty from ccom with no rep and always been happy.  
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll ask the question yet again - if you're only here to bi tch why haven't you contacted someone who might be able to deal with your complaints. WE AINT THAT PERSON!!
    No more problems with me I've made a purchase with that 50 dollar coupon and that'll be it from here. Thanks cigar.com you made things right, I appreciate the 20 man o wars for 10 bucks
    jlmarta said:
    I'll ask the question yet again - if you're only here to bi tch why haven't you contacted someone who might be able to deal with your complaints. WE AINT THAT PERSON!!
    I'm not complaining to you, I'm not complaint at all I'm just making a statement about how I feel bout this. You didn't have to read this discussion at all so why your making rude statements is beyond me.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's even more strange is all your posts on this forum are complaining. What I've learned in life is people that only complain will never be happy with anything regardless of what service or items are given. 
    0patience said:
    No one is saying you need a rep to get service.
    What they are saying is that the reps have deals that aren't on the site, can get you things that may not be listed on the site and if you have a problem, make it way easier to get it resolved.

Equating cigars to McD's is a pretty poor comparison.

Let's put it a more realistic way.
    If you went into a local restaurant and they knew you, you would get treated differently than the average Joe walking in.
    And yes, if you knew the Chef, you would get WAY better service.

So yes, you should get good service without a rep. But no, you shouldn't get the special deals that aren't listed on the site.
    Just as the person who goes to the same restaurant every Friday night gets deals not listed on the menu.

And if the restaurant you are going to regularly isn't giving you extra treatment, well then either they are a smaller restaurant or......possibly it might be you?
    You make a good point. I was just stating a thought that I had about all this and it kinda blew out of proportion. I made a purchase with cigar.com today using the coupon they gave me and I have zero intention of coming back due to the fact that I use a different website with way better deals and customer service. And the biggest plus is that they actually arent backordered or out of stock on literally everything like ccom is. So again thanks cigar.com the coupon was greatly appreciated
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...GetchA Smoke oN BrO...
    Yay!  He gone!

Star Wars movie star wars sad episode 4 GIF
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to a liquor store a while ago looking for KBS. Couldn't find it. While checking out, I asked the checker, they had some behind the counter. I didn't HAVE to ask, but I'm glad I did. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    anyone have a 5er of anything AJ?  looking for a sampler

Check your inbox.
    Yakster said:
    I went to a liquor store a while ago looking for KBS. Couldn't find it. While checking out, I asked the checker, they had some behind the counter. I didn't HAVE to ask, but I'm glad I did. 
    Weird... I also went to a liquor store looking for some Jamieson and they were out of stock so I looked for some makers mark and guess what they were backordered. So I looked for something simple like Jim beam and they were  out of stock of that to so I left and went to another liquor store and they had all three for less then half the cost of the other store. Man am I glad I found that other store so I won't have to deal with that original store ever again
  • KidTexKidTex Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    Are these people serious?!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, some people's kids. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird... I also went to a liquor store looking for some Jamieson and they were out of stock so I looked for some makers mark and guess what they were backordered. So I looked for something simple like Jim beam and they were  out of stock of that to so I left and went to another liquor store and they had all three for less then half the cost of the other store. Man am I glad I found that other store so I won't have to deal with that original store ever again
    They may not have had Jamieson, but I bet they had Jameson.
    And what liquor store EVER has been out of Maker's Mark or Jim Beam. Ever.

As for half that price, I fail to see how a $25 - 45 bottle of whiskey can be half price anywhere.

And if you felt that way, why did you continue to go back time and time again?
    Makes no sense.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.