Home General Discussion

Wylaff's Mental Floss

WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
Every now and again I see something random or funny, and just like a lot of you, I needed a place to put them.

https://youtu.be/X_NyayCTfS0
"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure you would be startled if it were played backwards
    A little dirt never hurt
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Related image
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

• KidTexKidTex Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    I'm sad to say, I just watched that until the end.... wtf lol
    It's not gay...

d day tribute to the longest day 243 D Day tribute to The Longest Day 99 HQ Photos and a thought

For any that are interested:

https://archive.org/details/NBCCompleteBroadcastDDay

This is the entire broudcast day from NBC for June 6th, 1944.

For those not on the lines, this is everything they knew and heard of D-Day as it unfolded. 

https://futurism.com/basic-income-could-be-the-answer-to-unravel-the-greatest-problem-of-our-era/

It's a bit long, but an interesting read about how a society could handle technological unemployment.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    https://futurism.com/basic-income-could-be-the-answer-to-unravel-the-greatest-problem-of-our-era/

It's a bit long, but an interesting read about how a society could handle technological unemployment.
    Imagine a society burdened by an unlimited supply of young men with no responsibilities, no role, nothing to do. Can't imagine? -- go visit it. Here in Wilmington, follow MLK Boulevard down to 10th street. Don't forget to take your kevlar vest. Be out before dark. Good luck.

No, not every problem is solved technologically. Some are created that way.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll post a cigar picture so I don't have to tell you this should have been in NCR.
    Some of these people that call in for work all the time crack me up. You've had 2 father, 3 mothers, an aunt and your brother all die in the last 3 months? You look remarkably well put together for someone who's very presence means death for those you love....

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he's the grim reaper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UBQFXQUqxE

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited June 2017
    I do love me some Python.

The salmon mousse....

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Some of these people that call in for work all the time crack me up. You've had 2 father, 3 mothers, an aunt and your brother all die in the last 3 months? You look remarkably well put together for someone who's very presence means death for those you love....
    "But, but, my parrot has herpes!  The vet said I shouldn't leave him home alone,..."
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Most of the stuff I see on kick starter is crap, but this one actually seems pretty useful and decently priced.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1840198615/nakefit?token=7caf22e2

We have 5 rap/pop stations in town, and inevitably a different one is playing on every radio in this place. And because they each have less than 10 songs in their repertoire, I essentially listing to "Bruno Mars - That's What I Like" on repeat. All night. Every night. The second it ends on one station it starts on another. I can't think of any other song that has ever made me feel so angry.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    We have 5 rap/pop stations in town, and inevitably a different one is playing on every radio in this place. And because they each have less than 10 songs in their repertoire, I essentially listing to "Bruno Mars - That's What I Like" on repeat. All night. Every night. The second it ends on one station it starts on another. I can't think of any other song that has ever made me feel so angry.
    My sympathy. And thanks 'cause now I don't hate it that both my co-workers live with earbuds isolating them from the world.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

Wylaff said:
    Sorry about your ears getting raped. 
    Reminds me of the Time I was working in this warehouse decades ago. We had a manager who liked country and played a country station on the pa system.  Achey Breakey Heart was a hit. Heard it 5 times a day, minimum. That song kills me. There's no break! And the chorus is the same notes as the verse! It's just the same annoying melody over and over! I think there's only two chords played back and forth for the whole damn song!!!!!!!  :(  
    edited July 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1OtP2Svk

I remember watching this movie with a friend about 20 years ago. We used to go to Blockbuster and rent the strangest things we could find, mixed with war movies (hamburger hill). Good times.

I know I'm a few days behind here, but I just found out that Daniel Day Lewis is retiring. Phenomenal actor that is responsible for so many memorable roles. He will be missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvZ1YQCTWi8 

A classic
    A little dirt never hurt
    I have a massive chest freezer (6'x4'x3') so I have a habit of grabbing food when it on sale (vis-a-vis emergency rations) and freezing them for later. After the blueberry acquisition today, I have 50 pounds of frozen blueberries, 120 baguettes, 80 friend eggs, 40 trouts, 9 boxes of otter pops, 15 cornish game hens, and 80 cans of juice just chillin' in the freezer. What's the strangest thing you have frozen? 

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides cigars?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Most of the stuff I see on kick starter is crap, but this one actually seems pretty useful and decently priced.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1840198615/nakefit?token=7caf22e2
    artificial callous
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A buddy of mine had a pet sugar glider that died. He put him in his freezer till he figured out what to do with it. After several years later he finally got rid of it. Became somewhat of a joke
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

I had signed up for the free subscription to CA a while ago. Just now I happened to be looking at them, and I noticed the last one I received was dated August 2017. Da fuq?

Thats what you call being ahead of the curve son.
    A little dirt never hurt
    If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Over the course of today alone, we went from 60 degrees, to snow, to 90 degrees, to 65 degrees with rain, to 95 degrees with winds, and we are stopping for the night at 85 degree wet heat with no breeze.

No wonder all of my employees have respiratory problems...