Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woke up feeling chilly this morning. Checked the thermostat and it is 69 in the house, c
    Checked outside temp as I let the dog out, 54 F.  Little dog was ready to make a U turn when she stepped outside.  The weather liars say high of 75 today, but they were way off on high temps yesterday.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 out here now with a high of 22. Supposed to go down to 8 tonight.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not leaving the house today
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good call
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Captain_Call I would stay inside with a few bombers as well... 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pipes are frozen. 
    jd50ae said: The pipes are frozen.

Try using a hairdryer on them. Not to hot becaause you can crack them to easy then you got bigger problems.The pipes are frozen.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:

Try using a hairdryer on them. Not to hot becaause you can crack them to easy then you got bigger problems.The pipes are frozen.

We installed little heaters a week ago. Covers and heaters on the outside faucets. The fellow who installed them is on his way over, he ain't happy. >:)
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    jd50ae said:
    Sleddog46 said:

We installed little heaters a week ago. Covers and heaters on the outside faucets. The fellow who installed them is on his way over, he ain't happy. >:)
    They didn’t work. Either not installed correctly or not rated for the conditions. Good luck. Hope it’s something simple.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    @Captain_Call I would stay inside with a few bombers as well... 
    Some people buy bread and milk, I buy beer
    Don't forget the pizza to go with the beer.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to a couple pics I saw on fb it was -25º straight temp this morning. When I checked a little later it was -18/-35 wind chill. Mother Nature is a ******* ****.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too bad here considering what some of you guys are experiencing.  Cold for Mississippi though
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowing now with temps in the single digits. Harvested all our collards yesterday and that puts our garden to bed for the winter. Tomorrow may be a three cigar day.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sea snow here, just an inch or so. But...we have my least favorite kind of snow storm coming Thursday. A deeply frozen ground followed by snow turning to rain turning to snow followed by temps in the single digits. Frozen heavy wet snow sucks.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunny and -6

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partly cloudy and 80 F
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Global warming in full effect
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no matter where you go, there you are.

Usaf06 said:

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Arthur Godfrey said, way back in the day, that the only thing different about Florida in the winter is that the snow is a little warmer....
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It got down to -15 overnight, -11 now

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is so weird, how 100mi. can make such a difference.  It's 3* here, which might be the lake effect, but it's 0* in Madison.

So it was -3* when I got up to pee at 7:30.  I know it's fun to complain about it, but really, other than going from the house to the car, and from the car into the wine store, it's really no big deal.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoke with a customer in CT today who told me when he went ice fishing yesterday he had to start a fire to thaw his beer. I said that has got to be an old ice fishing joke. He said no, not a joke. Bud Light, I'm thinking. Reason the customer called me, his shade wrapped cigars arrived w/ wrapper exploded. We reckon they must have set over the holiday in a mail truck parked outside. Brutal. 

I personally think we ought to give third world dictators a trillion bucks so this kind of climate change doesn't happen.

I'm anxious to see what those crab fishermen are going thru, when Deadliest Catch starts up. Bet they're having a blast.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

It's been cold as hell and the furnace has been running a lot so it seems very dry in the house. I pulled a hygrometer out of my cooler yesterday to see how dry it is. This is why I don't mess with wood humidors.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my Aprilaire humidier on the furnace!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    That is so weird, how 100mi. can make such a difference.  It's 3* here, which might be the lake effect, but it's 0* in Madison.

So it was -3* when I got up to pee at 7:30.  I know it's fun to complain about it, but really, other than going from the house to the car, and from the car into the wine store, it's really no big deal.
    You go to the wine store to pee? Wisconsinites are odd.
    They should just put a pee flap in the car.