Home Non Cigar Related

The fishing thread

Comments

• GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jealous. I love me some pike fishing. Nice job
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like fun Brad, kind of wondering if a cloudy grey sky camo wouldn't be more effective.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    That looks like fun Brad, kind of wondering if a cloudy grey sky camo wouldn't be more effective.
    Oh you are so funny!  My duck hunting coat is the best one I have for staying dry and knocking down the wind so thats what I wear fishing until it gets really cold then the super heavy coats come out.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dirtdude

Fish are color-blind, dontcha know.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Vertebrate animals such as tropical fish and birds sometimes have more complex color vision systems than humans; thus the many subtle colors they exhibit generally serve as direct signals for other fish or birds, and not to signal mammals."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision
    ^^^Yea, what he said^^^^
    A little dirt never hurt
    Where is the snow and ice? I had a foot of snow and 20" of ice on the lake i was on this weekend.  Kept a couple northerns and 25 panfish (crappie, perch, bluegills)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we got some over here. Always wanted to try ice fishing.
    Come on up to Wisconsin and I'll get you out. We have enough ice to drive vehicles on them. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

Sounds like a plan Brad. How cold is it up there?
    Don't ask that question of northerners Paco. 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold as a witches *** in a brass bra.
    Or so cold, you grab a hair and piss down your leg.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    dirtdude said:
    Don't ask that question of northerners Paco. 
    Lol Randy I don’t know what an actual winter feels like.
    10 degrees right now. We have shacks heater.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Cold as a witches *** in a brass bra.
    Or so cold, you grab a hair and piss down your leg.
    The coldest I remember was back in the eighties. When I TRIED to leave work at midnight,it was 37 below and 85 below wind chill. Out of all the cars one started and it was not mine.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on a construction project in 1970 that was up at 9000’ elevation in the Colorado Rockies. The coldest I remember up there was 56.below zero. So cold that all our propane-fired heating devices (heaters, water heaters, etc,) stopped working because the propane turned back into a gel and wouldn’t burn or even flow through the pipes. 

In 1969 I worked on the North Slope of Alaska and it was d@mned cold up there, too, but I didn’t keep track of the low. I was more interested in the high. The warmest day I saw up there the temp went to 55 degrees - and I learned that mosquitoes hatch at 52 degrees. The tundra in spring consists of countless small lakes, each about 3 feet deep. Perfect breeding conditions for mosquitoes.Need I say more.....?
  • YournamehereYournamehere Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    So this year after using boca  bearings in a few of my reels I’ve decided they are well worth it. I’ve been using the orange seals and they have really proven themselves to be great. Good casting for lightweight lures and very nice casting distance. I’ve slowly moved from abu revos to shimano reels. But they seem to work great for both. I really just buy the spool bearings since that’s what matters to me and they have really made a difference 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pops and I pulled the ole Ranger out last weekend and did some work to get her ready for the season. Cleaned out the storage lockers, installed new LED lighting in all of the compartments, organized some tackle, and got her out on the water for about an hour. Got the birds dialed in after the latest update. I am ready to go fishin!  Now I have to relive all my reals after I go through and organize all of those. Walked away with 14 spinnining and baitcast rods and reals after pops cleaned out his stock. He picked all new Loomis NRX and GLX along with some Ducket White Ice after some knuckleheads stole several rods and reals out of his garage. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Im heading up north next Wednesday for the weekend for the final weekend of the fishing season. Supposedly 30" of ice up there right now. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

Going to load the ole girl up in the morning and take her out. Hope they all fit. 

Must have a helluva boat to put all those chairs in it, good luck on the water bro.
    A little dirt never hurt
    Those chairs are so damn annoying.  I just dont have anywhere else to put them.  
    they are old and uncomfortable.  We only bring them out on holidays when we have to set up additional tables for the family.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    Those chairs are so damn annoying.  I just dont have anywhere else to put them.  
    they are old and uncomfortable.  We only bring them out on holidays when we have to set up additional tables for the family.
    Don't want company to get too comfortable. They may decide to come over more often or worse, stay
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven’t been fishing in years. 
    Rhamlin said:
    Haven’t been fishing in years. 
    WTF Ricky @Rhamlin , you spend half your life on a boat.
    A little dirt never hurt