Home Non Cigar Related

The place I won't lose things.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Somewhere there is a place that I put things I don't want to lose.
It is full of hundreds of flashlights, lighters, cutters, tools and a crap load of other things.

Unfortunately, I have evidently forgotten where that place is, cause I can't find any of that stuff.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    I have a place just like that!!
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has Mrs. 0patience been straightening up again?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Has Mrs. 0patience been straightening up again?
    Naw, cause I think a lot of her stuff is in that same spot.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...This is a Thread...?   Damn @peter4jc....you and Me could have a Website.
    It was a joke.
    Kind of one of the reasons we have the NCR forum.
    For general BS threads.

Sorry it wasn't up to your standards of what should/could be posted.
    I forget, some of us aren't the cool kids.

I guess it was a bit over your head.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    It was a joke.
    Kind of one of the reasons we have the NCR forum.
    For general BS threads.

Sorry it wasn't up to your standards of what should/could be posted.
    I forget, some of us aren't the cool kids.

I guess it was a bit over your head.
    ...Op ....nothing against you BrO.  Just posting.
    I Figured You being Tough Skinned.....
    ....I suit uP in suits like Breaking Bad.....to make a living.    We'Z decontaminate sh-iT....Here ME.
    TruDog said:
    Generally, yes.
    Lately, my patience has been tested to it's limit with some things going on and I'm a little short fused.
    My apologies. I jumped when I shouldn't have.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    TruDog said:
    Generally, yes.
    Lately, my patience has been tested to it's limit with some things going on and I'm a little short fused.
    My apologies. I jumped when I shouldn't have.
    ...Bro, arms opened.  You Friends .
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the answer.

Move.

Every time I've ever moved, I get to see stuff I haven't seen in years.  Can't tell you where it ends up, 'cause I don't know, but it still exists somewhere.

Except my Craftsman and Snap On tools that mysteriously turned into "made in India" tools somewhere between Texas and Tennessee, they apparently ran off with all my Christmas ornaments, and a 1/2 ton jack.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    peter4jc said:
    The best way for me to find any misplaced items is to order another one... before it even gets here, I'll always find the lost one.

Thanks @peter4jc . LOL!

I've figured that one out though.
    It's the Amazon Gremlins.
    They steal your stuff so you order new ones and then put it back right before the new one shows up. 

Then you put both away in "that spot" and the cycle continues.

And they are the same little bastages that hide all the phillips screwdrivers when you need one and replaces them all with flat tips/standard or visa versa.
    Cause when ever I need a phillips screwdriver, I can find a hundred flat tip/standard screwdrivers and when I need a standard screwdriver, all I can find is phillips screwdrivers.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never lose anything, my wife tells me where my stuff is.  Now that being said the kitchen is my domain and I never misplace anything in there.  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a Ghost in our house (Granny) who likes to borrow things from time to time and then they appear in places that you are at every day. Example: I was looking for an old pair of eye glasses that I couldn't find for a couple of years. One day Dawn called me on my lunch break and said I think I found your glasses. When I asked where she found them, they were sitting on the corner of the computer desk which we sit at every day. Go Figure.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    You mean when you set something down and go to do something and come back and it's gone and then find it later in some spot you know that it is not where you put it and blame the wife and she gets all pissy with you, cause she knows you are the one who misplaced it?
    So does this ghost of your's travel a lot? LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kids never put anything away in the same place, if they put it away at all.  I don't let them put away the dishes anymore.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This thread reminds me of a favorite coffee mug in my cupboard... it reads, "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."  Now, where'd I put that durned thing?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    You mean when you set something down and go to do something and come back and it's gone and then find it later in some spot you know that it is not where you put it and blame the wife and she gets all pissy with you, cause she knows you are the one who misplaced it?
    So does this ghost of your's travel a lot? LOL!
     Why do you want to borrow her. LOL  Tony, I have so many stories like this it is ridiculous. No wife doesn't take things. I've found things that were lost and showed up in a box in the attic. Dawn doesn't do the pull down steps.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    Sleddog46 said:
     Why do you want to borrow her. LOL  Tony, I have so many stories like this it is ridiculous. No wife doesn't take things. I've found things that were lost and showed up in a box in the attic. Dawn doesn't do the pull down steps.
    LOL! I don't like attics either.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    We have a Ghost in our house (Granny) who likes to borrow things from time to time and then they appear in places that you are at every day. Example: I was looking for an old pair of eye glasses that I couldn't find for a couple of years. One day Dawn called me on my lunch break and said I think I found your glasses. When I asked where she found them, they were sitting on the corner of the computer desk which we sit at every day. Go Figure.
    We have a ghost my wife has named Elgin,  (I have no idea why), but he moves things all the time.  She called me one day in tears because she could not find her wedding ring.  It is fairly tight on her finger and doesn't slip off very easily.

She tore the bed apart and could not find it.  I told her not to worry and we would find it.  She called me not five minutes later and said the ring was setting on top of her pillow, dead center!

She could not find her watch one day and she found it two days later in a potted plant in the dining room.  The watch has a safety clasp and does not fall off.

I'm happy to see that someone else has a similar ghost.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I can remember song lyrics from the 80's one hit wonders, but can't remember what I came in the garage to get.......
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always squirreling away things in my shop. I remember telling myself  "Put it in this drawer, cause you know you will need it again and you will remember where it is because your making a mental note of here it is"......I still forget where I put it but I know it's someplace safe from me finding it. 
    I should write where I put things in a binder......But I'm sure I would just put the binder in a "safe place" too
    When I was 19, I bought a house and was a single guy living the dream. One day, I noticed I would set a Pepsi on the table and come back and it was somewhere other than where I was sure I placed it.
    After a while, I was certain it was being moved. One day a buddy came over and I told him, check this out. We put the Pepsi on the table, being careful to note where it was and ran to the store 5 blocks away. We came back and not only had it moved, but it was now on the kitchen counter.

We searched the house top to bottom and no one there and it was still locked up tight when we got home.

It became a joke that you didn't put down your Pepsi in my house, the ghost will take it.

To this day, I never did figure out what was going on.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that doesn't happen with Coke ^
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that doesn't happen with Coke ^
    That’s right. Nobody wants the coke.....  LOL
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a pipe dream, there ain't no such place. My stepdaughter lost her lighter while I was out. When I go out my room is locked. When I unlocked and went in her lighter was on my chair.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I've got one.  This is weird, but it happened.  When I was a kid, I had a 1921 silver dollar someone had given me, probably my great aunt.  I thought of it as a luck charm, sort of.  I used to carry it in my pocket, and hold on to it or rub it like an Irish Worry Stone.  Flip it, catch it, etc.  

One night out on a walk in late 1971 or spring '72, I was walking down the street about 8:30 or so, flipped it, missed it, dropped into the grass by a set of steps.  I saw it fall, no sound of metal on concrete sidewalk, couldn't have rolled any distance.  I looked.  Felt.  Searched for about 30 minutes.  Nothing.  Went back the next day, I know exactly where it fell, it's not there.  I figured someone found it, but I looked several more times in the next few weeks.  Nothing.

Many years later, my sister moved into a house about 3 doors down from that yard.  A few years after that, about spring 2002, she and her kids come over for a BBQ, and states "you won't believe what Josh found, a silver dollar, just down the street from our house"...

"Stop."  I said, called Josh, my nephew in, and described exactly where he found it, to him.  
    "Wow!  How'd you know?"  

"Is it a 1921?"

He pulled it out of his pocket, sure enough, 1921.

"Because I dropped it exactly there, 30 years ago."

Coincidence? I dunno.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I don't let them put away the dishes anymore.
    Yep, grandpa's not allowed to put away dishes anymore either! Or even wash 'em for that matter!
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker