Home Non Cigar Related

Charlie's miscellany

Comments

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’re just trying to be hospitable
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably come to see Harry Truman's hat shop.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always spot on  Charlie, thanks.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the pig, want him on the food side, they don't want to live.
    A little dirt never hurt
    That is hilarious. And accurate.
    SMDH
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good to me.

On a vaguely related note, there's a story going around our area of a distillers driver locking up brakes hard not to run a red light. The consistency was a little runny that day and he sent about 10 tons up and over the front of the trailer. Poor guy got a ticket for an unsecured load. Responding officer said that next time he should just lay on the horn and blow the light, it would be cheaper. That's how the story goes anyway
    Looks like something you would see in Africa
    A little dirt never hurt
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this guy you? 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    edited September 2018
    @Patrickbrick i have set one down hard enough to run it out the nose but I only lost about 600 pounds. I did mine out in the middle of nowhere though. Some putz with non functioning trailer lights decided he was turning about a quarter mile back and I didn't know until about 75 yards from his turn. I just pulled over and scraped my mess off into the ditch like roadkill
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about my 'emotional-support' bear?  Can he come?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those dusty coughs. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    The instantaneous realization that he made a terrible mistake. You can see his whole body crumple into itself
    The instantaneous realization that he made a terrible mistake. You can see his whole body crumple into itself
    Stubble said:
    Ok I think I have this figured out. When his trailer is empty he has his straps attached on both sides instead of taking them off and coiling them up. When he hauls loose crap he just attaches them like normal to also avoid coiling them up. And you wouldn't want to pile the dirt and gravel on top of the straps, so we have the results pictured here. Vaild theory @Captain_Call?
    I can't invalidate it. I've never done commercial flatbed so I'm not sure what little tricks those guys use
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the straps hold the wood in place next to the ... piles

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Looks like the straps hold the wood in place next to the ... piles
    I'd guess they are attached to the bed.