Home General Discussion

Looking For A Cellophane Wrapper Source

TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well got some gars I want to put in new cellophane wrappers that came naked. I learned an expensive lesson that removing cello to age or breathe better isn't the best thing to do for me...almost all went flat quick and are goat @ss from last year, they're getting pitched. Really pisses me off but it is what it is.

I've searched around for hours and can't find a source. Need 48, 52, 54, ring gauges length min. 7in. Theres got to be someone who sells them, I just can't find them.

Thanks Fellas   
If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

Comments

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not doubting your experience there @TX98Z28, but I've never heard of that happening to non-cello'd sticks or had it happen here.  This should open a good discussion.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use a sleeve off a another one after you smoke it.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I'm not doubting your experience there @TX98Z28, but I've never heard of that happening to non-cello'd sticks or had it happen here.  This should open a good discussion.
    Think this might come down to full bodied vs say medium body, age on tobacco pre rolled/post rolled age before released. I’m not doubting it’s not possible but seems that’s the way it goes in my coolidor. The naked ones are going flat while the ones in cello are fine. Basically I don’t want the 15+ Padron 50ths along with some other expensive stuff going flat on me. Guess I’ve found keeping in cello somewhat slows down the aging process almost as if it acts like a preservation capsule.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    ForMud said:
    Just use a sleeve off a another one after you smoke it.
    I’ve pitched all those plus been smoking a lot of naked ones as they are going flat on me. Literally about to pitch 100 cigars their just gone all none cellophaned...
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your humidity. If they are going flat, you may be running a bit dry. Cigars in cello will hold their internal humidity a bit longer than the naked ones.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    @Wylaff Humidity is 65% does not fluctuate. Ive got 2 whole bricks 40 packs of 65% Bovedas in there plus 2 pounds 65% Heartfelt beads, complete overkill. Temperature max 75* During Summer days 71* at night. Winter 65*-68* still steady at 65%RH. 
    Wylaff said:
    By my own preference, 65% is decent for aging (cubans) but low for smoking. Tends to produce a more cigarette-like flavor and less of the lovely tobacco. Maybe toss a couple of the "flat" stick into a ziplock with a 69 and see if they recover to your liking.
    Thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a try but almost certain their gone. Another reason for me personally wanting to add cello on some of my expensive sticks is me unintentionally snagging a wrapper. It has happened to a couple sticks already. I even wear nitrile gloves when rotating, moving stuff around but I don’t like wearing those gloves long as my hands naturally sweat, prefer no gloves but got my finger nails trimmed to a certain length for guitar playing hense the wrapper snagging.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply put some cigars age well and others don't.  The cello has nothing to do with it, it was just the cigars.  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Thanks guys for the responses, will take everything into consideration. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could try re-wrapping them, rather than tossing them. Easy enough to do.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You described a very attentively maintained coolidor. As for me, I have no idea what my min or max temps are yearly, but you do. I used to be real particular about my coolers, but now, half a decade later, they do fine with little to no attention from me at all, and all sticks smoke great, naked or cello'd. Something's not right. Sticks that you knew were good a year ago shouldn't be goat @ss now, just because the cello is off. I'm wondering if there isn't something that has altered your sense of taste and smell. And can you identify to us which cigars that have changed the most? And another thing you might try,.... go buy the same cigars from a local B&M, and smoke 'em to see what differences you have between yours and the ones from the B&M.  

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had wrapper damage and mold on unwrapped cigars so I keep them in cello, but I've never thought of wrapping my naked sticks up.

Good luck.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Well just bought a bunch of 54x9 and 50x9 from @NorCalR1 recommendation. They ship from Honduras. Will be great to put some of the naked ones in the cello from easy labeling, always hate wrapping the white bands around them trying to get them tight enough.
    @Bob_Luken Some are MOW Ruination torpedos good yard gars used to be real peppery etc now there just pure goat @ss.
    The CPCS I smoked yesterday seemed way off almost flat, I bought 3 6packs of those not even a year ago. CORO toros used to be good cigars now there just way off flat, we’re good last year. Have a good amount of the naked higher end Tatjuate from a very well respected member on here, they taste way off to me now, basically flat.

To be honest my taste has been off some but this is down right gross. I’ll dig around and smoke a newer higher end naked cigar today here after done herbicide the yard and see how it is.
    edited October 2018
    Hold on! Were you spraying herbicide before your cigars went flat? 

No, plus I wear a respirator.
    And are ALL the cello'd stick just dandy or do some of them seem "flat" too? 
    All the ones I have smoked so far in cello have been fine so far, there’s A LOT of sticks I haven’t smoked so can’t be 100% certain. On the same note some naked are fine but usually those have been full bodied behemoths.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the plastic in your cooler is breaking down due to chemical residue from the herbicides... I dunno man. Maybe it's in your head. Maybe you need to get your carbon monoxide detectors tested.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Well this one is really good, not expensive and not flat. Guess @Patrickbrick was right on with some cigars just don’t age well. I looked back and those in question have over 5 years on them from me purchasing them. My sinuses are messed up probably palate too, being blowing some blood out of one nostril, very strange. That Nasonex spray for allergies is probably the culprit. My cello is coming for what I need it for, Thanks again @NorCalR1 for finding a source. Now the witch hunts over @Bob_Luken LOL

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like flat cigars, especially Padrons, if you come across any more. :wink:
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    @peter4jc If my Padrons go flat I might have to be hospitalized LOL

Seriously though do you have any idea how long the Padron 50th Anniversary's should keep good for in the long run? Think the tobacco in them is aged 10 years prior to rolling, they are still quite full bodied all around. Some say Padrons don't age well, whats your recommendation for this particular cigar?   
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent really aged Padron’s before as you said, they are already pretty well aged when released. That said I have an 80th double perfecto that I’ve been hanging onto for 3 years now and a 50th with a year on it. I did have a 90th Maduro that tasted young and would be interested to see if they improve with age. Had a 45th maduro that was perfect as is and an 85th Maduro that was gold as is. I think Padron in general just is one of the few that would see little benefit in age, and if you do then 1-2 years is about ideal. Just my 2 cents though. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever said Padrons don’t age well is wrong.they age spectacularly  
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ain’t the cello bro....it’s the nasonex.  Google “steroid nasal spray side effects” or “nasonex sense of smell.” 

Talk your doctor about the problem and alternative medication options.

ive been down this road myself, the problem ain’t the cigars

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *