Home Non Cigar Related

AOC

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm starting to really like this gal.

And it's not just the fact that, face it, I'd do her. 

It's most certainly not the future she so clearly presages

The last round of progressive triumphs was one helluva disaster to the world as a whole. It's just good to see new blood more closely embody their electorate. Immune to arithmetic, ignorant of history, oblivious to any common sense, wildly illogical, but zealous that "it's more important to be morally right than factually correct". Graduate of a fine university thus qualified to wait tables and tend bar. Who does that sound like? Sounds to me like nearly all the upcoming generation she aptly represents.

Who does Pelosi represent? The dried up old prevaricating peculator. I'm tired of that crowd. 

And so is AOC.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newman!
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a hunch that, at some point, some pinhead is gonna tell us that referring to her by her initials is a cultural bias, and they'll tell us we should be pronouncing her whole name, and rolling our Rs
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh!  It's her name!  I thought it stood for Add On Control.  My bad.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I have heard "her" called a lot of things, none very flattering.
    And pelosi and waters love "her". Hmm.......that should be a warning, but they don't care.
    Hey, look, she's apparently way too stupid to connive and steal. So you've got to at least give her credit for that. Seriously.

webmost said:
    Hey, look, she's apparently way too stupid to connive and steal. So you've got to at least give her credit for that. Seriously.

Give her a chance, waters has taken her under "her" "wing".
    Do we get any cigars from Venezuela?
    I guess now that they have cut all ties with the US AOC will want to send them emergency aid.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do ya sorta get the feeling that if she had a brain she’d take it out and play with it??  As Bugs would say, “Whatta maroon”...  🤐
    jlmarta said:
    Do ya sorta get the feeling that if she had a brain she’d take it out and play with it??  As Bugs would say, “Whatta maroon”...  🤐
    And she is the darling of the former democratic now liberal party. That should give every single law abiding tax paying American citizen real concern.

edited February 2019
    .....and a lot of others that really don't seem to think on their own....
    I think AOC believes in what she is saying, no matter how ludicrous it is. But the others are reacting to the single most corrupt person in politics losing the election and nothing else. Up to and including a complete reversal of what they said and did in the past.
    And don't forget to avoid Guam, your weight might tip it over.
  • CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys read any of the bafoonery in her green new deal? It’s an astounding level of ignorance
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now it is known that lied and does not live where she listed as her residence.  No big deal?  Does she have a residence in her district?  Why did she run out the back door when questioned about it?  Something really fishy about this one
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to figure out how she got elected.
    Are people really that stupid?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

0patience said:
    I'm still trying to figure out how she got elected.
    Are people really that stupid?
    QED

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexandria Occasionally Coherent
    ...and now "she" is making lists. Hope none of us end up on one.
    edited March 2019
    I don't care. I still love her. She has zero respect for a bunch of corrupt old basturds who deserve less than zero respect. And now she's in the same room with them where she can tell them right to their botox faces.

We need new parties.