Home Ratings & Reviews

LFD Air bender

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
in short, get one.

this is the new release from LFD. its a medium bodied cigar with an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, dominican filler and binder.
flavors include:
cinnamon, anise, cedar, leather.

i feel that since its so new a bit of rest/age would do it some good there were a few burn issues.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Ummm Kuzi where's the full review?

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    make sure the shop up there has some left for the end of the month!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I understand this is a much milder cigar than a typical LFD. This true Kuz?
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    what's the vitola. the litto gomez diez chisel i smoked had the worst draw ever. i don't know if its a chisel thing or what but i would like to enjoy my sticks, not be pissed. i like the lfd stuff
    Chisels are a different animal. How did you open the head up on your chisel?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I already wanted to try the Airbender and have wanted to see what people thought of it first, guess the next step is to get a couple.
    madurofan:
    after clipping with a cuban crafters cutter about 5 times i rolled the end round and it opened a little. still not enough though
    dennisking:
    madurofan:
    after clipping with a cuban crafters cutter about 5 times i rolled the end round and it opened a little. still not enough though
    There's the problem. The chisel is supposed to be punched. You hold the chisel so the straight edge of the head is facing you and parallel to the floor. Then punch a hole in the top of the chisel as close to the head as you can. Sounds weird but it works well.
    Well how about that, ya learn something new every day. Thanks maddy. you would've thought it would've loosened up after unflattening the chisel though. either way, it was a let down, the lfd dl660 was better imo.
    :) Give it another shot.
    I guess I will have to. everyone loves the LG Diez as much as his LFD stuff so it should be good. thanks for the tip
    I do want to know why the hell its called an air bender.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    madurofan:

For ninjas...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    dennisking:
    madurofan:
    There's the problem. The chisel is supposed to be punched. You hold the chisel so the straight edge of the head is facing you and parallel to the floor. Then punch a hole in the top of the chisel as close to the head as you can. Sounds weird but it works well.
    lol, you guys can just pinch it and it will open up just fine.
    shamrocked:
    madurofan:

For ninjas...
    Damn it, again? They keep leaving my humidor open and empty.
    phobicsquirrel:
    you guys can just pinch it and it will open up just fine.
    You know how I know the squirrel is gay ....
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    dennisking:
    madurofan:
    i pinched and rolled the end until it went round and still the draw sucked. must've needed some serious rest time
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    dennisking:
    madurofan:
    i pinched and rolled the end until it went round and still the draw sucked. must've needed some serious rest time
    Dude, the pinch n roll works great for me. It's like the only way to really get that itch.

... wait, are we talkin cigars???
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    ...too late. i think they are already sold out.
    madurofan:
    I understand this is a much milder cigar than a typical LFD. This true Kuz?
    yes. its the most mild LFD i have had. medium in body. very full in flavor.
    dennisking:
    what's the vitola. the litto gomez diez chisel i smoked had the worst draw ever. i don't know if its a chisel thing or what but i would like to enjoy my sticks, not be pissed. i like the lfd stuff
    i had the robusto. i saw a toro and one other one but i cant remember exactly
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    bbc020:
    bummer
    bbc020:
    kuzi16:
    bbc020:
    bummer
    got more in
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Heh, you think they'll be there next weekend? Cause I want a few! :) I haven't found them locally. What's the price point on these?
    uh... 7-10 ish

i hope they have em. i hope to have one.
    madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    you guys can just pinch it and it will open up just fine.
    You know how I know the squirrel is gay ....
    .....how
    I hear that these are getting a new wrapper. The same used on the air bender. I'm wondering when this will happen.
    The Chisel and DL 700 are getting new wrappers, the same wrapper that's on the Air Bender
    I know you liked the air bender, but do you think it will make the chisel better (if you've had a chisel)? And do you know if it's the chisel maduro getting a new wrapper or just the chisel?
    i dont know if it will make the chisel better. the filler is different on the airbender as well. i like the chisel, but i like the chisel maduro better so its been a while since ive had one. tough call there.