Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched El Camino last night.  If you liked the series, it's worth it.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been watching shows like Fantasy Island and older shows on Sony Crackle. 
    They have commercials, but for a free streaming, not bad.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just started The Mandalorian on Disney +
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Star Wars is dead to me.

Dead before Disney.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disney+ is going to be pretty nice.  I got it for free for a year with having a Verizon Unlimited plan.  I'll check back and let you know if it would be worth actually subscribing to.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    I watched mandalorian and thought the first episode was pretty damn good. Also got halfway through End Game which apparently I havent seen yet
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    <snip>
    Also got halfway through End Game which apparently I havent seen yet

And apparently still haven't seen the other half

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VegasFrank I just watched El Camino a few days ago.  If you have watched the Breaking Bad Series then it’s well worth a watch. Kind of made me want to go back and watch the series again. 
    edited November 2019
    Not available yet on Netflix or Prime I'd think, but I couldn't think of a better place to put this; I went to see Ford Vs Ferrari at the theater, awesome movie.  I recommend the big screen at the theater for this one.  I'm sure it will be good at home, but...well, it was quite an experience for me. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Man In The High Castle on Prime is great.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I watched mandalorian and thought the first episode was pretty damn good. Also got halfway through End Game which apparently I havent seen yet
    We've been watching mandalorian too. 
    It's been pretty good.
    We may continue the Disney+ because the grand daughter watches it when she is over.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    The Man In The High Castle on Prime is great.
    I got so terribly lost I stopped watching, but what I did watch was interesting for a while.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Usaf06 said:
    We've been watching mandalorian too. 
    It's been pretty good.
    We may continue the Disney+ because the grand daughter watches it when she is over.

For those who may have missed it, you can get Disney+ for a year free if you have a Verizon Unlimited cell plan.  

My wife and son have really enjoyed Mandalorian - I watched episode 3 with them (first one I had seen) and it looks like it will be interesting.  

The Irishman on Netflix is very good. You have to dedicate 3.5 hours to it though.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Irishman on Netflix is very good. You have to dedicate 3.5 hours to it though.

Half way through, taking a break...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Half way through, taking a break...
    Same here, Started last night, will finish tonight.  

I take back what I said about The Man In The High Castle.  The 4th season ruined everything.  SJW crap that added nothing to the story, crammed down our throats.  Main characters, who in earlier seasons, were made to look like they held a key to the ultimate outcome of humanity were killed off w/ no good reason.  Series ends w/ no actual explanation of how the overarching plot device was fulfilled.
    Started community on Hulu last nigh . That is pretty good so far. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

Watching Irishman now
    -- Winston Churchill

6 Underground on Netflix was entertaining. Started V wars on Netflix. Also entertaining
    -- Winston Churchill

Watched The Witcher on netflix.... meh
    -- Winston Churchill

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We thought it was pretty good. More based on the book than the games.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I take back what I said about The Man In The High Castle.  The 4th season ruined everything.  SJW crap that added nothing to the story, crammed down our throats.  Main characters, who in earlier seasons, were made to look like they held a key to the ultimate outcome of humanity were killed off w/ no good reason.  Series ends w/ no actual explanation of how the overarching plot device was fulfilled.
    Sounds like the book
    Don't look ↑
  • BadSneakersBadSneakers Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to make my way through The Man in the High Castle but geez, Juliana is such a dimwit. She has to be the most annoyingly irrational protagonist I've seen in a while. I find many of the other main characters dull or irritating. I think Smith is the most interesting and complex character (not likable, but interesting), so +1 for him. Being a 20th century military history buff I found the concept interesting and was looking forward to the directions they could have taken this alternative history. Not very familiar with PKD's original, but it had to be better than this. Meh, certainly not horrible but not very good. 
    It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating. - Jack Handey 
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The book was a lot of the same IMO.  Stick with it, at least through the first season, at least till like the end of the 8th or 9th episode, then decide.  In the book, they used books instead of news reels, but most of the other stuff in the show was relatively true to the book.
    Don't look ↑
  • BadSneakersBadSneakers Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely going to stick with it. I'm at the start of season 3 and intend to plug along through whatever happens next. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed since the concept sounded so interesting yet the actual show is (imo) so unsatisfying.
    It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating. - Jack Handey 
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Witcher was awesome. And it's locked in for another season to come, which means even more sex and violence. The series follows the books more than the game, but there's plenty of caveats in the series for those who have played the game.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    Klaus.

Just finished it.  Whether or not you have kids to watch it with, it's pretty good.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched Overlord on Prime a few weeks ago. I taught it was decent. It had Nazis and monster, right up my alley 
    If you can stand subtitles watch money heist on netflix. Good series
    -- Winston Churchill