Home Non Cigar Related

Forum hiccups?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I'll take this version over the last one for sure.

Agreed, and quote is back.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@VegasFrank said:
    I'll take this version over the last one for sure.

Agreed, and we can change the quote

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

We could change the quote before. I may or may not have fixed a few quotes for people.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@Yakster said:

@IndustMech said:

Agreed, and @0patience Is low.

I see what you mean.

FIFY

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

I straight up can't post pics now. First few times it just said it would be posted upon approval. Now when I chose the pic, the page reloads and nothing happens.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope so, that's clever and kinda cool.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree Edward. If he was going to put that much effort into the door, he should have fixed the dents.

Don't look ↑
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I disagree Edward. If he was going to put that much effort into the door, he should have fixed the dents.

@VegasFrank Did someone piss in your Wheaties today or something?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

it's OK Zero, Frank got virus-furloughed today and it has freed up his sense of humor.

I just noticed that If I preview an image before posting it the image is doubled. Guess I will stop previewing them before hitting 'post'.

@0patience said:

@VegasFrank said:

A guy tried to sell me some asswīpe from his truck in the Costco parking lot yesterday.

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:

@0patience said:

@VegasFrank said:

A guy tried to sell me some asswīpe from his truck in the Costco parking lot yesterday.

Hopefully, not used. :s

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

I didn't stick around to find out :smiley:

Don't look ↑
    edited March 2020

Set a pm and it sent two instead.

Looks like the moderation of messages is turned on again for some users.

@TheCigarChick

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

anyone having issues logging in with their phone or just me?

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

No trouble logging in from my Android phone, @Usaf06

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    anyone having issues logging in with their phone or just me?

Yesterday was fine. Today, it won't let me log in... the basterds.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me either, on my laptop. Phone is fine. @TheCigarChick

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

On my phone, I changed browsers. I still cannot log in with the Samsung Internet Browser, but I can with Chrome.

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android ver 6.0.1

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

I didn't have any issues logging in via my phone, and I'm not on the company server anymore as we're all working from home right now.

Although our new Responsive website went live at 8am ET, that's only CCOM and it won't change the Forum since the Forum is hosted by a different server. With that being said, the Responsive site is being rolled out in phases to our customers, so over the next few days, if you go on CCOM you'll begin to see a clean, new layout from browsing to checking out. If you have any issues there, please let me know (lindsayh@cigar.com) and provide screenshots. :smile:

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheCigarChick

Among other puters, I have a tower running Ubuntu 18.04 "bionic", and a laptop running exactly the same. In both, my main browser is Firefox 74.0 64 bit, so that's also the same. The laptop can log in to this forum... the tower cannot. When I try, I get a page saying only that "something has gone wrong. We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now. Please check back in a little while." This started about three days ago. Before that, always fine. Yes, tried trashing stashed pwd. Yes, tried reboots. Yes, tried Chrome browser. No joy with any of the above.

Now, before you assume it's cause Linux is odd, consider this: Tried my Windows 10 laptop right now --- same error with Chrome ... no such error with Firefox, same 74.0, 64 bit.

Of course, the tower is hooked to a cable, while the laptops are hooked to wireless.

Ain't life grand?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@webmost Wow, you are speaking a lot of words that I do not know in any language. :| I own an abacus on purpose, if that clues you in to my knowledge of technology.

The only modification to the Forum was a few days ago the posting tool was finally switched back to WYSYSIG from Rich Editor, but that was only in reference to how one can post on Desktop or Mobile, and didn't have anything to do with logging onto the site. And you didn't have any issues logging in when we were on Rich Editor for those two weeks?

I can run a note by the two guys in IT who are the IT Admins on the Forum, but I will preface unless it's a simple solution they probably will be a little slow to answer. Similar to the switching back to WSYSWIG situation, their Supervisor has them only working on CCOM Site projects at the moment unless there's some sort of emergency, and a separate team is taking care of more day-to-day operations.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also not able to login from my computer. I get the same error of "something has gone wrong, try again later"

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go ahead and have the IT guys contact me directly. Tell them I speak geeklish. I'll PM you how to contact me directly.

To further cornfuze the sitch, consider this:

When I delete forum.cigar.com cookies, then open my link to this forum, I get a big Hello Robert Davis on the top menu bar, followed by a Log Off (which, when I hit that, I get a 404 page not found), then reading down the right side of the page, I see a webmost, then a howdy stranger, and another log in link. So the site is thoroughly pizzled.

I actually didn't mind the so-called Rich Editor. But that's neither here not there. Point is, the site now doesn't know whether it's got me or not, nor how to let me in.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

Pizzled!

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

still can't login on my phone. Tried samsung internet and chrome. Safari works on my laptop though

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter