Home Non Cigar Related

Music Playlists

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Non Cigar Related

Post your playlist or link to what your listening too right now. Unlike a single song, this is a longer block of music.

Bootsy Collins with The New Rubber Band - 1993

https://youtu.be/FQNdAnZkN78

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listening to Scarecrow after yesterday's Pink Floyd themed playlists. Not so much playlists, but I uploaded the CDs to Google Play Music so I can stream them.

Here's my Spotify Theremin playlist link: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/03iGlo79pfh99pyLZrNvIV

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been rockin this guys music for awhile now. He writes and record and mixes everything himself 95% of the time. No lyrics, just pure Djent Progressive metal, amazingly talented! Start with the EP album and progress to Timeless. I feel like I’m in a car that just keeps going faster and faster listening to this.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nxTNUy3ui0U&list=PLh9lPlRcgLvlFCkUkf9aCydcOWGVvteKm&index=6

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    edited April 2020

I got a free 90 day trial of Amazon Music Unlimited (no commercials) with a recent order so I've been using this to stream music lately. Unlike Amazon Prime Video which buffers and loses video/audio sync, Amazon Music Unlimited works well, likely due to the low bitrates needed.

Yesterday it was Andreas Vollenweider, Iron and Wine, and Bon Iver.

Today I've started with Bruno Mars, not sure where I'm going from here.

@TX98Z28 said:
    I’ve been rockin this guys music for awhile now. He writes and record and mixes everything himself 95% of the time. No lyrics, just pure Djent Progressive metal, amazingly talented! Start with the EP album and progress to Timeless. I feel like I’m in a car that just keeps going faster and faster listening to this.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nxTNUy3ui0U&list=PLh9lPlRcgLvlFCkUkf9aCydcOWGVvteKm&index=6

I really like this and Andromida is well represented in Amazon Music Unlimited. It is motivating music.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been listening to a post-rock group called Whalefall. Good background music.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

the my pillow dot com singing commercial, all day....

Birds in the back yard passing around ear worms.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@TX98Z28 said:

I really like this and Andromida is well represented in Amazon Music Unlimited. It is motivating music.

Absolutely, what this guy does is just amazing, I had no idea he was legally blind from such a young age either. His new Timeless album is insane along with the other albums! I didn't know this but he recently added this description under the new album on YouTube. This guy has mastered an 8 string electric...just unreal!

"Andromida is a one man progressive metalcore project by composer and producer, Ramon Gutierrez.

Diagnosed as legally blind at a young age, Ramon naturally felt a strong connection with music. At the age of 3, he began learning the violin. While learning the violin, it quickly became apparent that he was unable to read sheet music provided by his teachers, but that didn’t stop him. He went on to learn the instrument by ear, eventually playing pieces well known composers at a very young age. At the age of 11, Ramon decided to take on the guitar. Just like the violin, he learned completely by ear, only this time he did not have any help from teachers.

Ramon is entirely self-taught on guitar. Eventually he became fascinated with the idea of writing and producing music, so he began teaching himself how to arrange songs, produce, and mix and master his own music in his late high school years. During his time in college, Ramon began taking steps to start pursuing music.

After trying and failing several times to form a band, he eventually decided to take on the endeavor by himself, thus starting Andromida in 2016."

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

@Wylaff said:
    I've been listening to a post-rock group called Whalefall. Good background music.

Agree!

I used to use the https://coffitivity.com/ site (and app) which plays ambient cafe noises to help block distractions when I need to get something done. Worked well at work, now I have people in the next room watching TV, laughing, and doing other interesting things. I haven't used it lately as I'm just streaming music instead, but I'm putting this out there for youins.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adrian Von Ziegler is great background music as well. It’s written, composed and played by one guy. The albums all have a specific theme to them,usually fantasy based, and always epic. And he gives all his music for free.

Two Steps From Hell is Carl Bergamonts solo gig, and you would recognize a lot of what he does from epic trailers. Most of his work is variations provided for movie studios, but he does have half a dozen or so actual albums designed for public listening.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Classic rock.
    AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult, Ozzy, Queen, Led Zepplin, Metallica, Aerosmith, Rush, Triumph, Nazareth, Def Leopard, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Sammy Hagar, Heart, Boston, Foreigner and many more I forget.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite YT playlist, lots of visual aids to help with the lyrics.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw-YbprbFt8&list=PL9LDfjZHhaO7NFHCY33Dj2M-LZqM15r7G

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

@BKDog said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw-YbprbFt8&list=PL9LDfjZHhaO7NFHCY33Dj2M-LZqM15r7G

Currently playing!

Last night I listened to Mannheim Steamroller Fresh Aire I to help get me to sleep and mask the sound of the podcast my Wife was listening to. worked a treat.

@Yakster said:

@BKDog said:

Currently playing!

Enjoying all the Stevie Ray Vaughn

After getting tired of listening to Portuguese Fado this morning, I put this on. One of my roommates in college had this album, I didn't think much of it at the time but I guess it's grown on me over the years.

It's a Carlos Santana morning on my free 90 day trial of Amazon Music Unlimited. I'll cancel the trial right before it ends to avoid being charged, but I'm enjoying the commercial-free access to streaming music. It was free with one of my recent orders.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster, our tastes in music are fairly similar. Have you tried Jean Luc Ponty? Not as relaxing as Wollenwieder, but still decent background.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

Yes, I have in small doses, but should probably try some more. My tastes are vast and include strange and distressing music at times.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=977YgBvWVAk&list=PLJfkJ0jsqpJI5BgPAZcYWuZJOCtVwpDu9&index=7&t=0s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j0kjgJv2Fw&list=PLJfkJ0jsqpJI5BgPAZcYWuZJOCtVwpDu9&index=9&t=0s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk0HXT_f7qM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2YLLlHPO0g
    There are hundreds and hundreds of Enigma songs across more than a dozen albums. I have everything burned to disc and on digital, and it remains my favorite music of all time. I even have Michael Cretu's 80's music (which is not good) prior to the 1990 Enigma start, just because I wanted everything Enigma.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

Streaming Mr. Excitement, Perry Como.

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Streaming Mr. Excitement, Perry Como.

...GiDDy uP.

That spurred a hankering for The Velvet Fog, Mel Tormé.

That led, of course, to Peggy Lee, then this morning I shaved, got suited and booted, and dropped an even $500 on just the necessary supplies. Now I'm in the mood and am streaming Frank Zappa while I shower and get dressed and the rest of the family processes the incoming groceries.

With Zappa there's no need to skip through all the Christmas songs.

Looking for a playlist or a theme for the day. I wasted yesterday listening to Rihanna for no good reason and today Amazon Music is recommending a Fresh Christian station and I'm just going to say no.

Ok, I remember @Trykflyr_1 mentioning Foghat on the vHerf so after not feeling Miranda Lambert's Wildcard country album and Sun Ra's "We Travel the Spaceways" jazz didn't grab me, I've put on the "Fool For the City" album from Foghat to start my musical journey today.