Home Non Cigar Related

Forum hiccups?

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well my account has gone nuts or has been sabotaged... I receive no emails from my bookmarked threads, no emails from PM's, no emails from quotes. I checked ALL my notification preferences, unchecked the boxes, rechecked them and saved, signed in and out nothing, no fix so far. This is absolutely ridiculous! This just happened a day or two ago.

Anyone else experiencing this?

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't noticed anything. You checked your spam filter?

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Yakster said:
    I haven't noticed anything. You checked your spam filter?

Yes, everything I can control on my end. This is just crazy man! Everything’s fine then boom zero email notifications for everything.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't need no stinkin' emails

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

@peter4jc said:
    We don't need no stinkin' emails

If you don’t want them then just uncheck stuff in your notifications preferences. I prefer them for certain things that I check so I am notified for certain things.

^ Problem is I’ve quit being notified for absolutely no reason at all.

^That you're aware of...

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

^I blame those DemocRats.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can finally get the forum to come up. Yaaay!
    Internet has been so screwed up all day.
    I could get Ccom's main site, but the forum wouldn't connect.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

@0patience said:
    I can finally get the forum to come up. Yaaay!
    Internet has been so screwed up all day.
    I could get Ccom's main site, but the forum wouldn't connect.

Welcome back, Tony!

To say that the site is running dog slow right now is an insult to our canine friends.

cc: @TheCigarChick

Like the person in this skit, the performance got better.

https://youtu.be/xzYO0joolR0

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@Yakster said:
    To say that the site is running dog slow right now is an insult to our canine friends.

Sorry... :(

It appears IT has started to load in a new customer service feature we'll be implementing soon across the site. It's been shown to random folks right now, and we're doing some testing this week before it goes live for all who come to CCOM.

@TheCigarChick said:

@Yakster said:

Sorry... :(

It appears IT has started to load in a new customer service feature we'll be implementing soon across the site. It's been shown to random folks right now, and we're doing some testing this week before it goes live for all who come to CCOM.

Random, meaning not us. LOL! :D

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@0patience Oh stop, silly. LOL

It's a feature you'd see on the main site, a live chat widget. Basically a simpler way for customers to ask about cigars, or if they have a question about an order.

@TheCigarChick said:
    @0patience Oh stop, silly. LOL

It's a feature you'd see on the main site, a live chat widget. Basically a simpler way for customers to ask about cigars, or if they have a question about an order.

Oh! Well then, we don't need that. We have someone to email. ;)

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I blamed the kids for hogging all the bandwidth.
    Oh well

There's something wrong with the forum, I can't open this thread.

There's something wrong with this forum. The wit is too dim today. Someone turn up the wit-ness knob.

@peter4jc said:
    There's something wrong with the forum, I can't open this thread.

Way back when we used to send/give birthday cards I liked to write, "Sorry. I was going to include a $20 bill, but the envelope was already sealed," to see who had the higher powers of deduction.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't seem that I can edit posts on the mobile version with my Android device. I will click the little gear icon in the corner of the message, and the little edit pop up will appear. As soon as I touch it, it disappears. Same holds true for all of the little pop-up links like when you click on the little world icon and it pops up your notifications. I can't click on any of them because they disappear once I touch my screen again, even when it is over the intended link.

Don't look ↑
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    It doesn't seem that I can edit posts on the mobile version with my Android device. I will click the little gear icon in the corner of the message, and the little edit pop up will appear. As soon as I touch it, it disappears. Same holds true for all of the little pop-up links like when you click on the little world icon and it pops up your notifications. I can't click on any of them because they disappear once I touch my screen again, even when it is over the intended link.

They're afraid of the "Big Dawg"

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

@VegasFrank said:

Same here

1. Try zooming in, see if that helps.
    2. Try it in desktop mode
    3. It works for me without either of these workarounds

2 worked but was obviously a pain. Magically cleared up this morning--all is good in the hood.

Don't look ↑

Sorry didn't mean to shout it at you lol

Don't look ↑
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

User error

No changes on my end and edit is working today

edited July 2020

@TheCigarChick

When I try and change my profile info, I click save and it says I don't have permission to do that.
    Seriously? I cannot change my profile info? I can't add what I like or remove what I like or any of that.

This is what I get when I try and change "About me" or "Favorite Cigar"

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: