Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

More coffee and some Ibuprofen and I'm starting to feel human again.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it a good sign when your teeth and fingernails start to itch...??

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was supposed to work a 12 HR overtime shift tonight. Slept all day only to have them call me off. So it's 530 pm. Just had breakfast . guess I'll go out and smoke.

no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options

@jlmarta said:
    Is it a good sign when your teeth and fingernails start to itch...??

It's a bad sign when you don't recognize the species of your drinking companions.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still nursing a headache from yesterday due to only drinking one pot of coffee instead of two.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Assembling a new gaming PC. My God, they have added a ton more wiring since I built my current one ten years ago. Apparently, RGB is now a necessity and there's several male connectors I can't find a place on the Mobo for. Hopefully there will be matching connectors on the power supply. There's like a dozen cables/connectors from the case front to figure out as well.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Assembling a new gaming PC. My God, they have added a ton more wiring since I built my current one ten years ago. Apparently, RGB is now a necessity and there's several male connectors I can't find a place on the Mobo for. Hopefully there will be matching connectors on the power supply. There's like a dozen cables/connectors from the case front to figure out as well.

What you gaming on?

• Options
    edited July 2020

Haven't gamed in years. Probably since Call of Duty 5.

• Options

Well I'm almost done. Going water cooled this time. It took me a few tries and a couple rolls of duct tape but I finally got the case to stop leaking water. There's only a few air bubbles in the case but they're above the Mobo and all the wires so it should be ok. I cant wait to plug this thing in for the first time. Just gotta get it in the house. All that water is making it one heavy sombitch to lift. Wish me luck.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a mini vacation at work; my grumpy coworker took the week off! Guess tge world's gonna stop turning now.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ Disagree

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

@jlmarta said:
    Gonna cook my own dinner tonight. The salmon on the menu where I live is gonna be Atlantic Salmon. Homey don’t do Atlantic Salmon.

I’ll just take a piece of Sockeye out of my freezer and will still have salmon. Maybe some pasta and green beans to go with it..... 👍👴🏻

• Options

@jlmarta said:

@jlmarta said:
    Gonna cook my own dinner tonight. The salmon on the menu where I live is gonna be Atlantic Salmon. Homey don’t do Atlantic Salmon.

I’ll just take a piece of Sockeye out of my freezer and will still have salmon. Maybe some pasta and green beans to go with it..... 👍👴🏻

Oooops, wrong thread. Sorry ‘bout that... 🙄

• Options

Cooking dinner can be a boring part of the day.

• Options

That looks great, not boring, but I agree that dinner can become mundane, especially now that many of us are eating 99% of our meals at home now.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

hand picking cucumber beetles, potato beetles, squash bugs; trapping rodents; and something has crawled back under the shed again.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    hand picking cucumber beetles, potato beetles, squash bugs; trapping rodents; and something has crawled back under the shed again.

These things are all intended to keep you out of mischief, though. Right?? 😜

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's true. I have been so keeping out of mischief that bugs are a welcome diversion in my otherwise 50-beats-per-minute-heart-rate days. This pandemic has been nothing if not relaxing, at least so far. However I am sliding into a serious case of misanthropy.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    However I am sliding into a serious case of misanthropy.

Welcome to the club!

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Live trapped a mouse last night. My other doesn't want to kill them. I took it down into the spring hollow and released it. The mouse probably followed my scent back to the house.
    When I get after bugs in the garden I lance them with a spear made from a small diameter bamboo rod with a straight pin superglued into the end.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had my "welcome to Medicare" exam today. What a flippin' waste of time; how's your diet? do you exercise regularly? repeat these words apple, tablet, ****, draw a clock that shows ten-to-two o'clock, repeat those three words again, would you like the pneumonia vaccine...

But I did get shot one of two of the shingles vaccine - that's some nasty stuff - for $3.90.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis