Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    hip is starting to fail. getting old.

That’s why I’m afraid to stop working! Wife’s says I should take it easier, but I’m afraid I’ll die!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

@Yakster said:
    Hung some new outdoor blinds on my South facing kitchen windows to help keep the house cooler. It's 98 F now.

Currently 96 F out there and the outdoor blinds and portable A/C and fans are doing their job keeping things tolerable inside. I thought winter would be the time that I'd want an indoor man cave, but I'm starting to rethink that. (it's out of the question)

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Made an iced espresso seltzer this afternoon for a cooling boost of energy on this scorcher of a day. We're over the hump, it's already dropped 3 degrees to 93 F and should be down to 68 F by 10:00 PM Pacific.

Can't find the womenfolk so I suspect that they're both holed up in the master bedroom enjoying the air conditioning.

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stress test yesterday...kick my a$$.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Early morning Dr visit. No smoking today 😢

Smoking this morning surrounded by at least a dozen honey bees. Must be a hive close.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure that's not a murder hornet? Can't be too careful with the 2020 curse hanging over us. LOL

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

@peter4jc said:
    Are you sure that's not a murder hornet? Can't be too careful with the 2020 curse hanging over us. LOL

Too puny and he didn’t murder me

edited June 2020

You were lucky.

So, Leah, one of my dogs, got sprayed by a skunk last night. I was out on the Man Patio smoking a cigar and smelling a skunk in the area when my Wife comes out and says that Leah got sprayed in her face and was inside rubbing it off on the furniture. I didn't even see it happen.

We prepared the concoction (baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and liquid dish soap) and cleaned her up.

That leads to today's mundane chore, washing all the dogs. They really needed it, all three of them.

Leah walked up the stairs herself to the shower were we usually have to catch the dogs and bring them up so I think she realized that she wanted to be cleaned up.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    You were lucky.

So, Leah, one of my dogs, got sprayed by a skunk last night. I was out on the Man Patio smoking a cigar and smelling a skunk in the area when my Wife comes out and says that Leah got sprayed in her face and was inside rubbing it off on the furniture. I didn't even see it happen.

We prepared the concoction (baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and liquid dish soap) and cleaned her up.

That leads to today's mundane chore, washing all the dogs. They really needed it, all three of them.

Leah walked up the stairs herself to the shower were we usually have to catch the dogs and bring them up so I think she realized that she wanted to be cleaned up.

I feel for you...I've been lucky, only had it happen once. Seems like the slow ones gets it more.

Guessing I’m going back to work early. My company dumped me today. No insurance as of tomorrow. Wow, after arguing if my doctors will release me they will bring me back on since they haven’t posted my job up yet.

So guess I’ll go back for now while i still can. But going to start looking for something else

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may be wrong, but I think that by law they'll have to allow you to stay on their insurance for up to 18 months. Of course, you'll have to pay for it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I may be wrong, but I think that by law they'll have to allow you to stay on their insurance for up to 18 months. Of course, you'll have to pay for it.

Called today and was like “we are going ahead and putting you on long term disability. It pays 60% and doesn’t include insurance. When your doc releases you we will find something for you.” I was second in command and about to take over completely fall Of 21.

They self insure and have sent about $250 K since October. Just doesn’t make since to me. I just went from grateful and committed to I’ll comeback earlier until I find something else.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

That really sucks. Sorry to hear.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that's sh'tty, sorry Nick

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going out to lunch for the first time since the shut down.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

First day off in three weeks. I'm thinking I'll do nothing for most of the day.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Door is coming along. Ordered clear aquarium silicone and received black. Whatever I’ll make it work

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

@deadman said:
    Door is coming along. Ordered clear aquarium silicone and received black. Whatever I’ll make it work

Big project, try to stay focused

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

edited June 2020

COH sent me this video of their new warehouse. Figured I could post since they sell different cigars than CCOM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8F39O2Q30A

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cut the overhanging tree limbs on the driveway up the hill to my studio. The limbs were starting to look and feel like one of those fancy automated car washes.

Ran out of roasted coffee Sunday morning and suffered with lethargy and headaches yesterday so I roasted up a batch last night. I had a cup or two this morning and I'm waiting for the withdrawal symptoms to subside.