Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used a wheelbarrow to move and stack a cord of firewood. Started fennel in a flat. I've taken to ware a handkerchief around my neck. When anybody comes within 6 feet I pull it up.Carrying a little Tarus .380 most very day.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Day 2 of hunting an in network medical supply company. Maybe success, they are contacting my insurance to get everything set up. This has been a headache before my wife decided to “help”. 🤐

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

and no snow, what's up with that? It's only May.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL couldnt be bothered to untangle it and there's still snow here & there.... it's going fast though.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

The annual woodchuck war has started. It's dug in under the pottery shed behind the garden. I don't mind the squirrels, voles, rabbits, wild turkeys, and foxes. Only yard on my street hospitable to wildlife. The mega-summer home folk must think poorly of us. Unfortunately the woodchucks don't.

• Options
    edited May 2020

@silvermouse said:
    The annual woodchuck war has started. It's dug in under the pottery shed behind the garden. I don't mind the squirrels, voles, rabbits, wild turkeys, and foxes. Only yard on my street hospitable to wildlife. The mega-summer home folk must think poorly of us. Unfortunately the woodchucks don't.

• Options

• Options
    edited May 2020

So poor, the dog has to play with a bucket 🤣

It’s his favorite toy

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet you tried once to take it away from him and the game has been on ever since.

Time to spatchcock two small chickens on the pellet grill. I should be able to get a 'gar in there too.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

The sun on my bare feet almost feels hot. That's nice. I love late spring/early summer. It's the best time of year.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Another last minute notice from the doctors. Automated of course. So I have to called back. Hey you what site? What time? What exactly am I having done?

I know they are stressed in some areas right now but damn really. This is twice in two weeks.

• Options

Waiting for a report to "print" 37 graphs from Excel to PDF. It's almost more than my laptop can handle.

• Options

mowed the lawn, vacuumed the floors and rugs, set a hav-a-heart trap for the raccoon in the main house cellar, ordered a new sump pump and an extra float switch.

• Options

Planted tomato plants a few days ago and brought out all the houseplants for the summer. 39°f this morning and a light frost last night. Not too happy about that.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple spider bites from over a week ago. One still itches but the one on the back of my leg doesn't and I almost forgot about it. Oh it's just a bruise the size of a fist now. No big deal.

• Options

@CharlieHeis said:
    I have a couple spider bites from over a week ago. One still itches but the one on the back of my leg doesn't and I almost forgot about it. Oh it's just a bruise the size of a fist now. No big deal.

May want to get that checked out, my brother let a bite go and it turned out to be from a brown recluse. It got ugly. Ended up taking antibiotics for a month

• Options

Shaved my beard and had our Internet broadband upgraded from a measly 25 Mb to a piddling 50 Mb (max available) and cut back on the TV channels plus added HBO to our Hulu account for a net savings. The extra bandwidth seems to be helping.

Next I'll be installing Orbi mesh APs to improve our wireless coverage for the duration.

My company announced pay cuts today in Q3 and that 50% of employees will probably remain home permanently.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    Shaved my beard and had our Internet broadband upgraded from a measly 25 Mb to a piddling 50 Mb (max available) and cut back on the TV channels plus added HBO to our Hulu account for a net savings. The extra bandwidth seems to be helping.

Next I'll be installing Orbi mesh APs to improve our wireless coverage for the duration.

My company announced pay cuts today in Q3 and that 50% of employees will probably remain home permanently.

Talked to HR yesterday. They tried to bring everyone back from layoffs and half are refusing because with the extra $600 a week from the stimulus they are making more sitting at home.

• Options
    edited May 2020

Just had a door to door salesman. No mask, wanted to demonstrate air freshener. WTF

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Just had a door to door salesman. No mask, wanted to demonstrate air freshener. WTF

Perhaps an operative, the "air freshener" is loaded with corona virus, thus ensuring that the spread continues until the final objective of world domination is achieved.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

I should have asked that.

• Options

Started to reply to a post on the forum and thought better of it. Decided not to be an asshat at this particular moment.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hit disagree but changed it to like so as to not tarnish your spotless record.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    Started to reply to a post on the forum and thought better of it. Decided not to be an asshat at this particular moment.

I just did this again.

I'm making this forum a better place, zero posts at a time.