Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got out of work a few hours early, so naturally, a seven hour nap.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

My daughter knocked on the bedroom door this morning for the waffles I said I'd fix today. Used wheat and hazelnut flour and chocolate chips. My daughter wanted to try white chocolate chunks in one of hers which was unfortunately described as nasty. I don't like white chocolate anyway and they were probably old.

Put away the fire pit this morning from fire pit Friday before it got too hot. Next time we're going to put up a barrier around the fire pit to prevent the blind, one-eyed, deaf herf dog from waking up to it again.

Before that I watched some episodes of Miracle Workers, a hilarious TBS show my family is binging.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pulled a badly worn steering gear out of the Herfmobile. Broke a puller trying to get the Pittman arm off it after 45 years. Now I'm on hold for a new arm.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Washed the dogs.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

raining hammers and pitchforks

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw a big Pileated Woodpecker out the the back yard on the edge of the woods. First one I have seen this year. We have Red-Bellied, Downy, and Hairy Woodpeckers regularly coming into our feeders.

• Options
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going back to the dentist fir a crown.

• Options

Waiting for a box of Sindustry Toros to be delivered.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just finished up cleaning the wheels and tires on the Colorado and rinse less washed the truck, just needs some serious mechanical decontamination and paint correction, fun fun!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

In a staring contest with a crate of cigars, who's going to blink first.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

We did paving today....While cleaning out the back of the dump truck a hot chunk fell down the back of my shirt.....Now I remember why I hate working with asphalt.

• Options
    HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Changed the alternator in my car today. When did these things get so expensive?!

• Options

Jump started/charged the battery in my Wife's Prius. 10 days of not driving was enough to drain it.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

More fallout from the mother in law “helping” last year. When we went on vacation she decided to mow the grass. Everyday. Apparently when she ran out of gas she used the mixed gas for the weed eater in the mowers.

I say more because aside from mowing down the 2 ft tall bushes she filled the riding and push mowers up with oil. Whatever oil she could find to the point you could see the oil when you removed the cap.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    More fallout from the mother in law “helping” last year. When we went on vacation she decided to mow the grass. Everyday. Apparently when she ran out of gas she used the mixed gas for the weed eater in the mowers.

I say more because aside from mowing down the 2 ft tall bushes she filled the riding and push mowers up with oil. Whatever oil she could find to the point you could see the oil when you removed the cap.

"Just tryin' to help out..."

Good luck.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@deadman said:

"Just tryin' to help out..."

Good luck.

Yeah. Got the riding mower drained and a new filter last month. She used mostly 5w-20 judging from the empty bottles. Push mower I’m waiting on a new air filter. It had so much oil in it that it was blowing out the filter.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

After 2 days of cussin', several removal & reinstalls and a bunch of persuasive thumps with a BFH, I emerged victorious over the dastardly Herfmobile Pitman arm. I once again know why I went into aviation maintenace and not automotive.
    People who write things like "installation is reverse of removal" are delusional.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^never give up. never surrender.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

• Options

BFH--you found the secret! I'm surprised zero didn't mention that earlier.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

Galaxy Quest is in the Top Five Best Movies Ever Made category.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that movie, must have watched it 20 times. Maybe instead of BFH he meant BGH, By Gramthar's Hammer.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Waiting for the brown truck......I know he's around the corner just waiting for the next downpour to show up.

• Options

Waiting for my Excel workbook to calculate.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Waiting for my Excel workbook to calculate.

Waiting to Excel?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

Making chili

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

The lettuce is for my blue budgie Robin... she loves her daily lettuce

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Checked it with HR today. Found out I have 3 1/2 more months of Short therm to use.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Checked it with HR today. Found out I have 3 1/2 more months of Short therm to use.

The weather should be warmer, soon. But in the winter I like the Long therm.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.