Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting cigar boxes for the fire pit.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Collecting cigar boxes for the fire pit.

Should smell good

People sell those on eBay also

You can buy them at thrift stores and cigar shops (empty)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

raking the winter's debris off the lawn, the exercise sure felt good.

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got done cutting some more firewood. Hope I have enough to get me through.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Me too, Sleddog, down to burning branches. Usually 3 cords is enough but I think we like the house warmer in our dotage.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replaced the fuse box and gem module on my f150 today. Still no power windows.

No football or The Walking Dead. Sundays suck this time of year.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had strong storms last night. A strange scratching sound woke me. I thought maybe a tree had come down and was laying on the house. I got up to check it out and found the sound was coming from our bathroom. I hit the lights and found Lady our dog trying to dig a hole in the bottom of our bath tub. That dog sure don't like thunder storms.

I've read that the weighted blankets for dogs work well.
    https://www.countryliving.com/life/kids-pets/a25396243/weighted-blanket-dogs/

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a Thundershirt for one of our dogs who get nervous during thunderstorms.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

City dogs. 😂
    It has to get bad for our dumb dog to even go in his doghouse. Light rain, he keeps playing or sleeping on top of his doghouse. Caught him this morning playing in the mud.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Get him a thunder-buddy like Ted.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

Yes get a thunder shirt for Lady. We bought one for Nova and it really helped.

Cut my grass for the first time this year. It really needed it.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wrote a big azz fat check to the federal criminals. Damn , but I hate being successful & single sometimes.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BadSneakers said:
    People in my state being irresponsible is aggravating me.

My mom had to rush my dad to the hospital and it's not good.

What a freaking time this is.

Just wondering, everything OK there? I hope your Dad fared well. I noticed you'd not been around since this happened. Praying for you and yours.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

picking quakers our of some wild-harvested Ethiopian coffee

Some say they taste like peanut butter.

My daughter's laptop wouldn't boot yesterday. She got a new pen tablet and I think it may have had something to do with shutting down the computer with the tablet plugged in, but I don't know. Nothing we tried would work.

I decided to pull the battery, but found that after searching the house and the garage that I didn't have the tiny Torx T4 bit to remove the bottom cover screws. I quick email to my neighbor and I found out he had a set.

He left the screwdrivers in the rocks between our houses and I bravely went out front and sanitized and retrieved the bits. Removed the screws, unplugged the battery, held the power button down for ten seconds, plugged the battery back in and snapped on the bottom cover and everything is working fine now. I did remember to put the screws back in and I didn't even end up with any extra parts.

Luckily, my daughter is on Spring Break so she didn't need the laptop for school. I ordered the right bits from Amazon, they are expected some time in May.

Took an old projector apart on the bench today to see if I can get it working. The bulb works fine, seems like a logic problem, I don't see anything obvious, but will probably re-seat connectors and see if that does anything.

day two of 'spring cleaning'.